This year, we are undertaking the important task of renovating the TROID Centre. The centre includes Masjid al-Furqān, library, troid.store (non-profit), workshop and office space. The centre is host to the 5 daily prayers, weekly lectures, lessons and workshops for children and adults, approximately 10 conferences yearly as well as marriage services, counselling, daʿwah displays and much more.
In 2004, we moved to our location at 874-A Weston Rd. and renovated the entire warehouse space, converting it into a functional masjid and Islamic centre as well as creating toilets, shower and wūḍūʾ facilities. This work cost close to $60,000 and facilitated all our daʿwah activities locally and online for the past 14 years. Now, the centre is in need of important repairs such as:
- wall repairs, plastering and painting of the entire building
- 4' wood paneling around the brothers and sisters muṣallá and high traffic areas
- carpet for the brothers and sisters muṣallá (and library)
- laminate flooring for office space
- high traffic double doors for the brothers muṣallá (to keep heating/cooling in, energy efficiency)
- and more...
A list of needs, prioritised in phases is listed below. We appeal to the local and international community to support this important need as TROID is an active participant in the local, regional and international daʿwah scene. Visit us at 874-A Weston Rd. in Toronto to learn more about this project or view our daʿwah efforts online: troid.org, troid.store, islaam.ca, fb.com/troidorg, twitter.com/troidorg, youtube.com/troidtube
Videos and updates regarding renovation needs to follow in shāʾ Allāh.