youth - troid.org | Islamic Articles and Audio
Our noble brother goes through the importance of knowledge and marital rights.
A seminar which took place November 2015 at TROID (Toronto, Canada). The series is based on the book by Shaykh Sulaymān al-Ruḥaylī. Sulaymān al-Hayitī reads through the book exemplifying some of its important points. The topic was selected in light of the Paris Attacks, focusing on the importance of protecting the youth from deviation and in particular extremism.
An extremely beneficial explanation on the harms of masturbation. Many proofs from the Qurʿān and Aḥādīth are brought forth to show that this disease is not natural or permissible. Notes on the mental and physical detriment are mentioned along with the cure.
The Fitnah of Scheming Youth Leveraging the term "Ṣaʿāfiqah" in Order to Demonize the Salafī Callers
Our comments on this incendiary upstart:
- This ignorant youth speaks in the arena of the scholars about public matters affecting the Muslims, without insight or wisdom.
- As displayed above, Abū Khadījah narrated that Shaykh Rabīʿ has read the documents presented against known Salafī students of knowledge and shaykhs, and stated there is no proof against these Salafi callers, Shaykh ʿUbayd has said the same.
- This youth claims that “every last one of them heard all of his evidences.” Who is “them”? The scholars? Their students? And he believes that there is evidence for the “falsehood and lies” of the Salafī shaykhs and students of knowledge (who he refers to as Ṣaʿāfiqah), that “every last one of them heard”! This in spite of the fact that Shaykh Rabīʿ and Shaykh ʿUbayd have clearly stated, there is no evidence or proof presented against these shaykhs and students of knowledge that warrants their tabdīʿ (declaring them innovators) and taḍlīl (declaring them misguided). So, O insolent one, who speaks with boldness in front of the Imām of Sunnah and Ḥadīth (Shaykh Rabīʿ), bring those evidences that necessitate “proof” and necessitate warning, and necessitate your insistence of using the term “Ṣaʿāfiqah” upon Ahl al-Sunnah, as if there is a sect that has split off from Ahl al-Sunnah called Ṣaʿāfiqah! Or does he believe there is a sect within Ahl al-Sunnah with that title? If it is claimed that "I am merely following the saying of one scholar (i.e. Shaykh Muḥammad ibn Hādī)", then, this miskīn is nothing more than a blind-follower who calls others to blindly follow. If he knows the proofs “that every last one of them” heard, then present them. Otherwise, he should recant and make tawbah for his fanaticism, his oppression against other Salafis and his labelling of them as a sect (i.e. Ṣaʿāfiqah).
- This miskīn may not know that Shaykh Rabīʿ is an Imām in Ḥadīth and the arena of Jarḥ wa-al-Taʿdīl. He is senior in knowledge and rank to Shaykh Muḥammad ibn Hādī — a fact that is not denied by any of the scholars, and he is 40 years or so older than Shaykh Muḥammad ibn Hādī and is considered as his elder teacher. And it is known from the words of the Prophet (ṣallāllāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) that he said: “The blessings are with your elders” (Authenticated by al-Albānī in al-Ṣaḥīḥah). As for an ʿĀlim like Shaykh Muḥammad ibn Hādī, then he can be mistaken. An ‘Ālim can be right and also be wrong in his speech, and the other more senior ʿUlamāʾ have highlighted his error. As for this rabble-rousing youngster, he has no right to comment to begin with! So he carries stories without proof, blindly following, throwing Ahl al-Sunnah into a sect known to you as the ṣaʿāfiqah, and tweets that to the world, calling others to follow that?! And all this after knowing the statements of the senior scholars such as Shaykh Rabīʿ and Shaykh ʿUbayd, both of whom have nullified the usage of this term and have rejected the attacks upon the Salafī students of knowledge and shaykhs due to the absence of proof showing their bidʿah or opposition to the Usūl. This youngster has the audacity to speak in the face of that!
- So we say to this youth, Ilyas Aidarus: bring your proof for throwing a body of Ahl al-Sunnah into a newly invented sect and show us this evidence that “every last one” of us (including Shaykh Rabīʿ, Shaykh ʿUbayd and Shaykh ʿAbdullāh al-Bukhārī) have heard!! Otherwise, we await your recantation and tawbah from these evil assertions against Ahl al-Sunnah and their senior scholars.
How should a Muslim choose his/her friends? Good companions are beneficial in this life and towards the ākhirah, having bad companions can harm you in this life and in the hereafter. An important discussion as many Muslims, even after being guided to the Sunnah, turn away from Ahl al-Sunnah due to bad companionship with those who sin. A lecture by Ḥasan al-Ṣumālī, during a visit to Toronto, Canada (June 2012). He spoke during the seminar entitled, The Sickness and the Cure on issues of disease and rectification (of the heart).