• Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
8 years 7 months ago #1512 by Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani
Dāwūd Burbank Clarifies.... was created by Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani
Bismillaahirrahmaanirraheem

AsSalaamu'alaikum warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh

The following is regarding the story told by Shaikh Falaah Ismaeel, which was previously posted here:

bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem,

from Dāwūd ibn Ronald Burbank to whomever it
may concern from the people of the Sunnah:

as-Salaamu `alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu,

As for this story, then it has indeed been mistakenly connected to me,and is actually about someone else; and as for me, my father wasn’t in hospital, never became Muslim; and nothing like that was a reason for my returning from the University; wallaahul-Musta`aan, wa qaddarallaah wa maa shaa. fa`ala. So, in short, the story is fine, but it’s not connected to me. As for for the noble Shaikh, then he always has good thoughts about his brothers -may Allaah preserve him upon good, and preserve his health, and grant him well being and security from harm- and he gives freely from the vast treasure of beautiful and beneficial stories which he has amassed over the years; along with the beneficial knowledge he conveys, and his staunchness upon the Sunnah and defence of the Salafī Manhaj, and rebuttal of the methodologies of the people of Innovation and Hizbiyyah -may Allaah preserve him. So, from his good thoughts about brothers, he has taken an incident from all those years ago, and remembered it, but as Allaah -the Most High and the One free of all imperfections- willed,a person not deserving of it was quoted as being the person involved, so it necessitates that I clarify that the brother with the virtue mentioned in the story is someone other than myself,
was-Salaamu `alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu,
Dāwūd Burbank

However it is the case, as the Shaikh haafidhahullaah mentioned, that he has met with Abū Talhah in Birmingham in recent years, and what he mentioned regarding his character, his truthfulness and his zuhd, then he has praised Abū Talhah for this several times when he has come to Birmingham, and indeed those who know him know him to be as the Shaikh described, haafidhahumallaah.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

RT @GtownMasjid: 8. Not condemning public prejudice feeds the narrative promoted by Islamophobes that Islam demeans African Americans 9. T…

troid.org troid.org

RT @GtownMasjid: 4. “Most don’t know their fathers.” What statistics support this? 5. Why debase African Americans to a different community…

troid.org troid.org