Topic-icon Islāmic view on orators like Yusuf Islām

• Ilmislaam
  • Ilmislaam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #155 by Ilmislaam
Dear Brothers
Assalamu Alaikum....Recently i read an article forwarded to me by my brother which was a refuatation on Dr Zakir Naik on his mode of Dawwah...The article proved many errors in his speech and so on...Well i wanted to know what is islaamic point with regard to orators like yusuf Islām, Ahmed deedat and others....Is it right for us to listen to their lectures?

regards
Wassalam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #161 by sajid
Replied by sajid on topic Islāmic view on orators like Yusuf Islām
My advise would be the same as Imām ibn Sireen raḥimahullāh that is "This is knowledge of the deen. So look from whom you take your deen." Stick to the Senior Ulemah and Students of Knowledge and stick to learning the basics of the deen and the basics of manhaj and manners before starting to give dawah. Rasoolullaah ṣallallāhu alayhi wa sallam had prophesized that towards the end of time there will be many orators but less Scholars.

I know Dr. Naik and because of him Ahmed Deedat are very famous in Indo-Pak subcontinent. But are they Scholars of the Deen? Similarly is Yusuf Islām a Scholar of Islām? Are there any Ulemah who have considered them to be Scholars of Islām or even a Student of Islāmic Knowledge? Many years ago when I used to listen to Dr. Naik, he used to claim about himself that "he is a student of comparative religion."

May Allaah guide them and us to the correct manhaj. Aameen.

More
11 years 4 months ago #165 by h_elsharif
Replied by h_elsharif on topic Islāmic view on orators like Yusuf Islām
Assalāmu alaikum, the following lecture on this site deals with the issue of taking knowledge from the scholars of Islam:

"There are no scholars in the West"
By: Abū Uways
www.troid.ca/manhaj/groups-partisanship/...ars-in-the-west.html

I recommend to listen to it, one of the themes it emphasizes is that Islamic knowledge, where you take it from, and from whom you take it from is extremely important, because it ultimately affects how you worship your Lord.

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: It is NOT PERMISSIBLE for a man to be alone with a female (other than a spouse or close relative) in a car going anywhere…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: لا يخلون رجل بامرأة فإن الشيطان ثالثهما قال الشيخ ابن باز في شرح هذا الحديث: فالواجب الحذر، وألا تخرج أبداً إلا ومعها ثا…

troid.org troid.org