• J.Finch
  • J.Finch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1919 by J.Finch
22 Golden Salafi Principles was created by J.Finch
Foreword by Shaykh, Dr. Aḥmad Bazmul

All praise is due to Allah, and may exaltation and safety be granted to Muhammad, his family, his companions and those who aid them. To proceed:

Before the reader are benefits that have been selected by our brother, Shaykh, Dr. Khālid ath-Thufayri, may Allah, the Most High, protect him, taken from the tremendous work, “The Treatise of as-Sijizi.”

It contains foundations of Salafiyyah and golden principles that illustrate the diligence of the Salafis, in every time and place, in adhering to the Qurʾān and Sunnah according to the understanding of the Salaf as-Ṣāliḥ. This treatise also highlights their diligence in distancing themselves from innovation, misguidance, deviation, and desires.

I advise my Salafi brothers [and sisters] to read, memorize, and ponder deeply over this treatise, for indeed, it is, by Allah’s permission, beneficial.

So, may Allah reward as-Sijizi with all that is good due to what he has said [in his treatise], and may Allah reward our brother, Khālid, for what he has chosen from it.

And may Allah grant exaltation and safety to Muhammad, his family, and all of his companions.

Written by:
[Shaykh, Dr.] Aḥmad b. ‘Umar Bazmool
[Lecturer, Umm al-Quraa University]
8th of Jumaadaa al-Awwal, 1433/April 2, 2012
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by J.Finch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• J.Finch
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1929 by J.Finch
Replied by J.Finch on topic 22 Golden Salafi Principles
Introduction (1)

All praise is for Allah, and may exaltation and safety be granted to the Messenger of Allah, his family, and those who follow his guidance. To proceed:

Indeed, I have read a treatise by Abū Nasr as-Sijizi [d. 444 AH], may Allah have mercy on him, that is tremendous and lofty in status. It is a refutation of those who deny that the Qur’an consists of letters and that Allah’s [speech] is heard. I discovered that it contains tremendous principles pertaining to the Salafi Manhaj.

For this reason, I have decided to gather some of them, so that the Sunni [Muslim] can benefit from them, and so that he knows that these are principles that the Muslims of old (the Salaf) adhered to.

I also desire for the Sunni to know that the Muslims of old have continued to advise with these principles until our day and time, and I especially want them to become familiar with these principles because many of the contemporary people of innovation have cast doubt and confusion about them.

Before beginning with the presentation of these principles, I would like to present a brief biography of the Imam...

(1) TN: From here onward is the speech of Shaykh, Dr. Khalid al-Thufayri, may Allah protect him.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by troid.org admin.

• J.Finch
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1931 by J.Finch
A Brief Biography of Imam al-Sijizi

His Name and Lineage:

He is the Imam and great scholar Abū Nasr Ubayd b. Sa’id b. Hatim al-Wayali al-Bakri al-Sijizi ... and it can be said al-Sijistani

His Most Famous Teachers:

1. Abū Abdullah al-Hakim al-Naysaburi

2. Abū Aḥmad al-Faradhi Ubayd-Ullah al-Muqri

3. Abū Ḥasan Aḥmad al-Mujbir, the great hadith scholar of Baghdad

His Most Famous Students:

1. The precise memorizer of hadith and mountain of Egypt, Abū Ishaq Ibrahim b. Sa’id, the freed slave of the N’umani tribe

2. The memorizer of hadith, Abū Fadhl Jafar b. Yahya, known as Ibn Hakkak

3. The memorizer of hadith, Abdul-Aziz b. Muhammad al-Nakhshabi

His Books:

1. “A Clear Refutation on Those Who Have Deviated in the Issue of the Qur’an”

2. “A Letter to the People of Zabid in Refutation of those who Deny that the Qur’an Contains Letters and that Allah’s Speech is Heard”

3. “Narrations of Sons on the Authority of their Fathers”

His Death:

The correct opinion is that he passed away in the 444 AH.

Scholarly Praise for Him:

Imam al-Thahabi [d. 748 AH], may Allah have mercy on him, said: “[He was] a great Imam, scholar and proficient memorizer, the Shaykh of the Sunnah and Makkah, Abū Nasr Ubayd-Ullah b. Sa’id.

He wrote the book entitled: “A Clear Refutation on Those Who Have Deviated in the Issue of the Qur’an.” It is a large book which shows the depth of this man’s knowledge in the field of narration.”

• J.Finch
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1933 by J.Finch
Principle #1: Who are the People of the Sunnah?

He (1), may Allah have mercy on him, said:

They are those who firmly believe in what has been [authentically] conveyed to them about the Messenger, may Allah exalt his mention and grant him safety, by way of the Salaf al-Salih, may Allah have mercy on them.

And if there is no clear text from the Qur’an or the Messenger of Allah, they hold on firmly to what has been [authentically] conveyed about the [opinions of] the Companions.

(1) The statement “he said” throughout the rest of this treatise refers to Imam al-Sijizi, may Allah have mercy on him

• J.Finch
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #1941 by J.Finch
Bismillah,

It's been brought to my attention by the noble brother, Sajid Chauhan, may Allah bless him, that this entire treatise has already been translated by our brothers at Sunnah Publishing. May Allah reward them. For this reason, I am discontinuing this series. May Allah reward them for constantly translating material that aids and defends the Salafi manhaj. I have attached the treatise to this post.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds