Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Refutation on Ismael Menk's Statement | Inquiry |

• wedzmer
  • wedzmer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #2236 by wedzmer
Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi ta'ala wa barakaatuh!

I would like to seek assistance in this regard, can anyone from the site or from the admins forward these statements made by "MUFTI" Isma'il Menk to our scholars and ask them what they could say about this? I have quoted below what Ilm4All website has made towards it and a screenshot of the conversation made by Isma'il Menk and the sister who complained against his statements to be lies.

Ismail Menk and his permissibility of narrating fables:

This is from the thread on one of his posts on Dec. 19, 2012, a sister commented:

Sister: I was there today for Jumaah when I saw the huge parking I remembered Fanar's Sms that you will be in town, I went back home cause I dont like to listen to your lies...the story you told about the King and his horses is lie and Fanar is shamelessly advertising that lie in Auditourim

Sister: Mu’aawiyah ibn Haydah رضي الله عنه said: “I heard the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم say: “Woe to the one who talks to make the people laugh and tells lies, woe to him, woe to him.”
[Sunan al-Tirmidhī (2315) and Sunan Abū Dawood (4990) and graded as “Ḥasan” by Shaikh al-Albānī].

لا يكذبُ المرءُ إِلا من مهانتِه***أو عـادةِ الســوءِ أو من قلةِ الأدب.
لعضُّ جيفةِ كلبٍ خيرُ رائحـةٍ***من كذبةِ المرءِ في جدٍ وفي لعب
A poet rightfully said:
A person does not lie except when he considers himself despicable…
or due to bad habits or bad manners.
The smell from the carcass of a dead dog is better…
than the lies of the person - intentionally or in jest

Ismail Menk’s response: “They are not "lies" as in deceiving people, but they are examples with a lesson drawn, even though they may be on a lighter note. Sad to see how you've interpreted it. Very sad.”

Ismail Menk continues: “The Qur'aan & Sunnah have many examples which are there to make people think and never to deceive anyone, even though an example is not always from things that have actually occurred. SubhaanAllah. Great to see how others think. Alhamdulillah.”

His statement: “even though they may be on a lighter note” is clear to understand that he knew that the story about the king and the horse is a lie. So using term “lighter note” doesn’t make it permissible to narrate it nor does it make it any lighter in reality. A lie is a lie.

Our Deen is Haqq, it is not in need of any fables to attract people towards it. The stories in the Qur’aan and the Sunnah are sufficient for us.

But to defend himself, he comes back with another bolder and deceiving statement: “even though an example is not always from things that have actually occurred”. Subhaan-Allaah! How can he say that what has been mentioned in the Qur’aan and the Sunnah has not taken place in reality?! Who from the Salaf has preceded him in this?

By Allaah! The Amthilah (sing. Mithaal – examples, similitude) mentioned in the Qur’aan and the Sunnah are all based on reality and what has already taken place.

Allaah تعالى says:

وَمَنْ أَصْدَقُ مِنَ اللَّـهِ قِيلًا

{and who is more truthful than Allah in statement} [Surah al-Nisaa (4): 122]

And the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم prohibited lying even for fun.

Subhaan-Allaah! How can we then think that Allaah and His Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلمsaid something which is not true or never happened?!

We have to be alert like never before because some of those with mikes and a platform to speak are making major mistakes, except those whom Allaah protected. From the mistakes seen are:

* Revival of the false `Aqīdah of Wahdatul-Wujood or that Allaah is everywhere.
* Calling Allaah by names of other gods and deities.
* That the Qur’aan is created.
* Wahdatul Adyaan (all religions are equal).
* Ta`assub (Fanaticism) towards a Madhhab. (Following a Madhhab is different from being fanatic towards it).
* Denying the punishment of the grave etc.

We seek Allaah’s refuge from the evils of our own-selves and from the evil consequences of our bad deeds.

والحمد لله رب العالمين

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds