Topic-icon Shedding the Light on 'Al-Huda Institute'

• Abu Ubaidah
  • Abu Ubaidah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #2251 by Abu Ubaidah
Shedding the Light on 'Al-Huda Institute' was created by Abu Ubaidah
...الحمد لله، والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله، صلى الله عليه وعلى آله وصحبه وسلم، وبعد

Today in the West we have many centers and institutes (from them we have 'Al-Huda Institute') which Misguide the common folk and many Du'aat (callers) which pretend to be scholars and also have the people fooled thinking that they are truly scholars when they are as ignorant as the ones addressing them as scholars. This is one of the reasons we need to expose and clarify these people who are in reality callers to the gates of hell-fire as ibn Rajab stated.

Ibn Rajab's "الفرق بين النصيحة والتعبير" clearly states: "As for the people of innovation and misguidance and those who imitate the scholars but are not from them, then it is permissible to expose their ignorance and manifest their deficiencies, in order to warn others against following them."

One of the Usuul (foundations) of Ahlu Sunnah is enjoining the good and forbidding the evil. In this regard the people of the sunnah refute and rebuke the one who opposes the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (Peace be upon him) and the one who shelters the innovators and the innovations. As stated in the below ḥadīth that the curse of Allaah be upon he who shelters an innovation..

Abū At-Tufail ‘Aamir bin Waathilah said:

I was sitting with Ali bin Aby Taalib-Allah is pleased with him- then a man came and asked him: Is there something that the prophet-peace is upon him- told you secretly?

Ali bin Aby Taalib-Allah is pleased with him- became angry* and said: the prophet-peace is upon him- did not used to tell me secretly something he withheld from the people however he told me four words [sentences].

The man said: O prince of the believers what are they? He [Ali] said: he [the prophet peace is upon him] said:

“The curse of Allah be upon him who slaughters for other than Allah, the cruse of Allah be upon him who curses his father, the curse of Allah be upon him who alters the borders/fringes of the land, the curse of Allah be upon he who shelters a wrong doer [an innovation]“ Sahih Muslim ḥadīth no 1978.

In another narration of Muslim:

“the curse of Allah be upon he who curses his parents”.

The noble Shaykh Ṣāliḥ bin Fawzān Al-Fawzān hafithahul-llah said in his explanation of  Kitaabut-Tawḥīd concerning this ḥadīth:

“His saying: (the curse of Allah be upon he who shelters a muhdith[wrong doer]) shelters means protected, so sheltering means shielding and protecting. And the Muhdith (with kasrah on the daal) is the person who commits a crime that is punishable by Islamic law. So if someone came and stood in the way of carrying out the corporal punishment on this culprit using his influence or his power or his soldiers to do so then this is the person whom the prophet peace is upon him cursed.
So shielding and protecting those who perpetrated crimes that deserve corporal punishments and preventing these punishments from being carried out is a major sin because the prophet peace is upon him cursed the doer of such act.
And in some narrations it said (the curse of Allah be upon he who shelters a muhdath [an innovation]) with fat-hah on the daal. And the muhdath means the innovation. And the meaning of sheltering the innovation: being content with it. So whoever is content with the innovation and did not forbid it he has sheltered it. And this means: whoever sees the innovation and keeps quiet and did not speak out clarifying to people that it is an innovation he has sheltered it by keeping quiet about it and he will-consequently- deserve cursing. So how about the person who calls to innovation and defends it?
The refuge is sought from Allah”

[Extracted from I’aantul-Mustafeed bi Sharḥi Kitaabit-Tawḥīd by Shaykh Ṣāliḥ bin Fawzān Al-Fawzān hafithahul-llah, pages 235-236.]

Al-Huda Institute was established in the year 1994. They claim that they call to the Authentic Qur'aan and the Authetic Sunnah but who they invite to speak in there centre is in opposition to this claim of theirs and how much does this scenario represent the saying of the poet who said...

“ Everyone claims to love layla but layla doesn’t affirm this ”
[/b]

They claim to be spreading and following the Qur'aan & Sunnah but they themselves don’t follow it correctly. We ask Allaah for thabbat (steadfastness) in the Manhaj As-Salafī.

From the ways of acknowledging who is upon what, the salaf use to judge a person by his companionship. If they see a person walking alongside the people of innovation they would be cautious of him and avoid him and if they seen a person walking alongside the people of the sunnah they would welcome him and bring him close. This was the methodology of the Salaf Ridhwan Allaah Alayhim (May the pleasure of Allaah be upon them All).

Here are a few examples of the Salaf emphasizing the point of judging the people by there companionship..

- Abū Qilaabah said, "May Allaah fight the poet [an expression of amazement in Arabic] who said: Do not ask about a man, but ask about his companion. For every person guides himself by his companion. This poetry is by Adee bin Zaid, and al-Asma’ee said about it, "I have never seen a line of poetry which resembles the Sunnah more than this saying of Adee bin Zaid." Al-Ibaanah (2/439)

- Ibn Mas’ood - radiallaahu anhu - said, "Indeed a person walks alongside and accompanies the one whom he loves and who is like him." Al-Ibaanah (2/476)

- Abū ad-Dardaa - radiallaahu anhu - said, "It is from the fiqh (understanding of a person) that he [chooses] those whom he walks with, whom he enters upon (visits) and whom he sits with." Al-Ibaanah (2/477)

- Yahyá bin Kathīr said, "Sulaimaan bin Dāwūd – alaihis salām – said: Do no pass a judgement over anyone with anything until you see whom he befriends." Al-Ibaanah (2/464)

- Mūsá bin Uqbah the Syrian approached Baghdad and this was mentioned to Imām Aḥmad. So it was said, "Look at whose residence he goes to and with whom he resides and finds shelter." Al-Ibaanah (2/480)

- Imām Al-Awzaa’ee said, "Whoever hides his innovation from us will not be able to hide his companionship from us." Al-Ibaanah (2/476)

- Al-A’mash said, "They (the Salaf) did not used to ask anything more about a person after having asked about three affairs: Who he walks with, who he enters upon (i.e. visits) and who he associates with amongst the people." Al-Ibaanah (2/478)

- Abdullāh bin Mas’ood – radiallaahu anhu - said, "Make consideration of the (regions of the) Earth by the names given to them and make consideration of a person by his companion." Al-Ibaanah (2/479)

- Muhammad bin Ubaid al-Ghulaabee said, "The Ahl ul-Ahwaa (People of Desires) hide everything except their intimate friendship and companionship." Al-Ibaanah (2/482)

- Mu’aadh bin Mu’aadh said to Yahyá bin Sa’eed, "O Abū Sa’eed! A person may hide his viewpoint from us, but he will not be able to hide that in his son, or his friend or in the one whom he sits with." Al-Ibaanah (2/437)

- Ibn ‘Awn said, "Those who sit with the People of Innovation are more severe upon us than the People of Innovation themselves." Al-Ibaanah (2/273)

- Yahyá bin Sa’eed al-Qattaan said, "When Sufyaan ath-Thawree came to Basrah he began to look into the affair of ar-Rabee’ bin Subaih and the people’s estimation of him. He asked them, ‘What is his madhhab?’, and they said, ‘His madhhab is but the Sunnah’. He then asked, ‘Who is his companionship?’ and they replied, ‘The people of Qadr’ so he replied, ‘In that case he is a Qadari’." Al-Ibaanah (2/453)

Ibn Battah (after quoting this) said, "Allaah’s mercy be upon Sufyaan ath-Thawree. He has indeed spoken with wisdom and he spoke the truth. He spoke with knowledge that is in agreement with the Book and the Sunnah and what is necessitated by wisdom and what the people of sure insight know. Allaah the Exalted said, "O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitânah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) those other than you (outside your religion or upon other than the right way) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely." (Aali Imrān 3:118)."

The above athar of Yahyá bin Sa’eed al-Qattaan shows that the manhaj of the followers give evidence of the manhaj of the one that they are following.

- Abū Dawood as-Sijistaanee said, "I said to Abū Abdullāh Aḥmad bin Hanbal: I see a man from Ahl us-Sunnah with a man from Ahl ul-Bid’ah. Shall I leave his speaking to him? He said, ‘No, inform him that the man that you saw him with is a person of innovation, so if he leaves him, then speak to him, otherwise treat him the same as him, as Ibn Ma’sood said, ‘A man is like his companion’." Tabaqaat ul-Hanaabilah (1/160)

So we see here that companionship is measured greatly in terms of figuring out who is upon what and etc..

Also we have the in the Qur'aan, Specifically Surat Al-Furqaan ayah number 27-29

وَيَوۡمَ يَعَضُّ ٱلظَّالِمُ عَلَىٰ يَدَيۡهِ يَقُولُ يَـٰلَيۡتَنِى ٱتَّخَذۡتُ مَعَ ٱلرَّسُولِ سَبِيلاً۬ (٢٧) يَـٰوَيۡلَتَىٰ لَيۡتَنِى لَمۡ أَتَّخِذۡ فُلَانًا خَلِيلاً۬ (٢٨) لَّقَدۡ أَضَلَّنِى عَنِ ٱلذِّڪۡرِ بَعۡدَ إِذۡ جَآءَنِى‌ۗ وَڪَانَ ٱلشَّيۡطَـٰنُ لِلۡإِنسَـٰنِ خَذُولاً۬ (٢٩
And (remember) the Day when the Zâlim (wrong-doer, oppressor, polytheist) will bite at his hands, he will say: "Oh! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger ( Muhammad SAW).[] (27) "Ah! Woe to me! Would that I had never taken so-and-so as a Khalil (an intimate friend)! (28) "He indeed led me astray from the Reminder (this Qur'ân) after it had come to me. And Shaitân (Satan) is to man ever a deserter in the hour of need." (Tafsir Al-Qurtubi)
[/b]

Ibn Kathīr mentions in his tafsīr about these verses:
(O! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger. Ah! Woe to me! Would that I had never taken so-and-so as an intimate friend!) meaning, the one among the propagators of misguidance who diverted him from true guidance and led him to follow the path of misguidance, whether this refers to Umayyah bin Khalaf or his brother Ubayy bin Khalaf, or to someone else.

(He indeed led me astray from the Reminder) means the Qur'an,

(after it had come to me.) means, after it had reached me. Allah says:

(And Shaytan is to man ever a deserter (in the hour of need). ) meaning, he leads him away from the truth and diverts him from it, and uses him for the purposes of falsehood and calls him to it.

So now lets take a look at Al-Huda Institute and who there companions with and who they bring to speak and teach there...

Allaahul Must'aan , Allaahul Must'aan (Allaah's Help is sought , Allaah's help is Sought)

indeed it was stated over 1400 years ago, that a man is upon the religion of his intimate friend so beware of who you befriend!

These people which Al-Huda institute advertise and promote are callers to misguidance and were you to follow them, surely they will mislead you!

The Noble Scholar,Ṣāliḥ Ibn Fawzān Al-Fawzān was asked in al-Muntaqaa (1/320),

”Indeed. There are many who ascribe themselves to the da’wah in these days from amongst those who seek recognition of the considered people of knowledge, those who set out to guide the Ummah and its youth to the true manhaj and correct way. So who are the Scholars that you advise the youth to benefit from and follow their lessons, recorded audio cassettes, to take knowledge from and to refer back to in important issues, new affairs and in times of fitan”

So the Shaykh Ṣāliḥ Ibn Fawzān Al-Fawzān replied “The call to Allaah is an affair in which there is no doubt about And the religion has only become established due to the da’wah and Jihaad after beneficial knowledge.

“Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, advise each other with the truth and advise each other with patience”Sūrah al-'Asr:3

So Īmān (belief, faith) means knowledge of Allaah the Glorified and Exalted, His Names and Attributes and His Worship. And righteous actions are a branch of beneficial knowledge, because actions without a doubt, must be based upon knowledge.

Calling to Allaah, enjoining and giving sincere advice to the Muslims is an affair that is required. However, everyone is not equipped to carry out these duties. These affairs cannot be carried out, except by the people of knowledge and the people of mature views, because they are important and heavy affairs. They cannot be carried out except by those who are fully capable of carrying in them out. And the problem today is that the door of da’wah has become a door that is wide, everyone enters from it and attaches themselves to the da’wah. Indeed he could be an ignorant person who is not worthy of the da’wah, so he ends up causing more corruption than rectification. Indeed, he could be overzealous, such that he takes the affairs with hastiness and heedlessness. So he produces actions which bring about more evil than remedies and whatever is intended by him from rectification. Rather he could be from amongst those who ascribe themselves to the da’wah , yet they have prejudices and desires that they call to and wish to actualize at the expense of the da’wah and through causing confusion within the ideas amongst the youths in the name of da’wah and honor for the Religion. And perhaps khilaaf (differing) is intended by that, such as deviating the youth and deterring them from the communities, rulers and Scholars. So they come to them by way of advice and by way da’wah apparently, as is the condition of the hypocrites of this Ummah. They are those who desire evil, and portray a picture of goodness.

I shall strike an example for that with regards to the inhabitants of Masjidud- Diraar (the mosque of harm). They built a mosque and outwardly portrayed it as a righteous action. Then they requested that the Prophet (sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam) that he pray in it so as to encourage the people and to approve it. However, Allaah knew from the intentions of its inhabitants that they only wanted to cause harm to the Muslims through that. They wanted to harm the Qubaa’ Mosque, the first Mosque that was founded upon taqwá. And they wanted to unite the community of Muslims. So Allaah clarified the plot of these ones to His Messenger (sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam) and He revealed His statement:

“And as for those who put up a mosque by way of harm and disbelief and to disunite the believers and as an outpost for those who warred against Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam]) aforetime, they will indeed swear that their intention is nothing but good. Allâh bears witness that they are certainly liars.Never stand you therein. Verily, the mosque whose foundation was laid from the first day on piety is more worthy that you stand therein (to pray). In it are men who love to clean and to purify themselves. And Allâh loves those who make themselves clean and pure.”Sūrah at-Towbah:7-8

It becomes clarified to us from this tremendous story that everything that openly portrays goodness and righteous action could be truthful in what it does. However, sometimes the opposite of that which is apparent could be intended by what is being done.

So those who ascribe themselves to the da’wah today, there are misleaders who wish to deviate the youth, direct the people away from the true Religion, split up the community of Muslims and fall into fitnah (trial, tribulation). And Allaah the Glorified and Exalted warned us against these ones,

“Had they marched out with you, they would have added to you nothing except disorder, and they would have hurried about in your midst (spreading corruption) and sowing sedition among you – and there are some among you who would have listened to them. And Allâh is All-Knower of the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong doers).”Sūrah at-Towbah: 47

So attention is not given to the ascription, nor to which that is apparent. Rather, consideration is given to the realities and to the end results of the affairs.
And the individuals who ascribe themselves to the da’wah, it is obligatory to look into them: Where did they study? Who did they take knowledge from? Where did they come from? What is there aqīdah (creed)? And their dealings and effects amongst the people must be looked into. And it must be asked, what did they do that resulted in goodness? And which of their actions brought about rectification? It is obligatory to study their conditions before becoming deluded by their statements and their outward conditions. There is no doubt about this affair, especially in this time which contains many du’aat (callers) to fitnah. Indeed the Prophet (sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam) described the du’aat of the fitnah by saying that they are people with our skin and they speak with our tongue.

And when the Prophet (sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam) was asked about the fitan (trial, tribulation), he said, “They will be callers at the gates of Hell. Whosoever obeys them, then they will fling him into it.”

So he called them du’aat (callers)!

So it is upon us to pay attention to this. And we must not gather everyone and their brother for the da’wah , nor everyone who says “ I call to Allaah and this group calls to Allaah!” So there is no escape from looking into the reality of the individuals and the groups. So Allaah the Glorified and Exalted restricted the call to Allaah to calling to the path of Allaah. Allaah the exalted said,

Say: "This is my way; I invite to Allâh”Sūrah Yoosuf:108
This proves that there are people who call to other than Allaah, and Allaah the Exalted has informed the disbelievers call to the Hellfire. So He said:

“And do not marry Al-Mushrikât (idolatresses) till they believe (worship Allâh Alone). And indeed a slave woman who believes is better than a (free) Mushrikah (idolatress), even though she pleases you. And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikûn till they believe (in Allâh Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikûn) invite you to the Fire, but Allâh invites (you) to Paradise and forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember.”Sūrah al-Baqarah:221

So it is obligatory to look into the affairs of the du’aat.

Stated Shaykhul Isalm Muhammed Ibn ‘Abdul Wahhaab (d. 1206H) ) rahimahullah- about this ayah:

Say: "This is my way; I invite to Allâh”Sūrah Yoosuf:108

“In it is al-ikhlaas (sincerity). So many people only call to themselves, and they do not call to Allaah the Mighty and Majestic.”

[END OF SHAYKH FAWZAAN'S SPEECH]

This is a dangerous affair which many people today do not understand, the messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) prophesied in the ḥadīth of Hudayfah ibn Yamman that there will be Callers to the Gates of Hell-fire and whoever obeys them will be thrown into the fire. So take your religion seriously and look to whom you take your religion from!

So now we look to Al-Huda Institute (one of the many Institutes today which misguide the common folk of the Muslims) and we see who they promote and advertise since we proved earlier that it was indeed from the Manhaj of the Salaf to judge the person by his companionship, meaning who he befriends, sits with, walks with and takes knowledge from. Lets now take a look at these individuals promoted by Al-Huda Institute and clarify who they are for it is an obligation upon us to clarify what they're about since they give da'wah, so we Answer...

#1 Abū Ammaar Yasir Qadhi - He is a man who pledged allegiance with the people of innovation of our time, not only by his statements and actions but has actually pledged allegiance by signing a pledge to work with them and aid them - And we seek refuge in Allaah from this -. He is also a man which has been warned against by Shaykh Alallamah Abū Anas Muhammad bin hadee al Madkhalī (May Allaah preserve him) who was also his teacher in the Islāmic University of Madeenah.

Yasir Qadhi's Pledge to Unite Upon Falsehood - www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=9&Topic=6237

More on Yasir Qadhi (the one who seeks unification with Ahlul Bid'ah) - ahlulbidah.wordpress.com/category/critic...viduals/yasir-qadhi/

#2 Muhammad al-Shareef - Other wise known as the man who was the means to misguide MANY muslims. He is the founder of Al-Magrib Institute (yet another institution which calls to clear cut misguidance).

For more on Who is Muhammad al-Shareef? - www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=9&Topic=1348

#3 Zakir Naik - A man who uttered statements that even a kāfir hasn't uttered as Shaykh Yahya as-Silmy mentioned to us. Zakir Naik says that he can name 1000 things that Allaah can NOT do. Authubillaah min Thaalik (We seek refuge in Allaah from this). Zakir Naik is a man who says that you can call upon Allaah with names of Hindu gods! what more do you need from this ignoramous who presents himself in a manner which may seem intelligent but in reality is a foolish misguided man who misguides others.

Zakir Naiks Statement of He can List 1000 things Allah cannot do! Refuted by Shaykh Yahya as-Silmy -

The Calamity Of Zakir Naik Upon The Ummah - www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=9&Topic=5611

#4 Kamal el-Mekki - The Magician.

Refutation of The Attempt of Kamal al-Mekki of al-Maghrib Institute to Distinguish Between The Meaning Entering Into the Term 'Magic' and and the Meaning of the Term 'Sorcery' - www.dajjaal.com/liar/articles/bvcox-a-re...agic-and-sorcery.cfm

#5 Tawfique Chowdry - The possessor of the Disgusting and disrespectful tongue towards the Scholars. He speaks about the Scholars with no Adhab (Manners) and is also a sign of his misguidance, for indeed only a person of Sunnah loves the Ulemaa (Scholars) and a kathaab (Liar), person of innovation and Hizbee hates them.

The Disrespectful Kalaam (Speech) of TAWFIQUE CHOWDARY Towards the ‘Ulamah - ahlulbidah.wordpress.com/category/critic...s/tawfique-chowdary/

Tawfeeq Chaudry Al-Mulabbis (the deceptive one)- www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=194

#6 waleed basyouni - Is a Man Well known for his cooperation with the Jama'at Tableegh, Ikhwaan Al-Muslimeen and other deviant groups in Texas, this arrogant and self-centered individual states he was a student of Shaykhs Bin Bāz and Ṣāliḥ Al-Uthaymīn even though he goes against their principles of sitting and cooperating with the people of innovation and deviance.

In reality, Zaakir Naik and Yasir Qadhi alone was sufficient to know what Al-Huda Institute (May Allaah Guide them) are upon, but we continued to name 1 by 1 those which they promote and their errors and misguidance in the religion of Allaah The Exalted and Most Wise so perhaps you may see the truth of things and follow it. Some of the feeble excuses made to protect the reputation of these misguided callers to misguidance is that they have doctrines, credentials and certificates, but by Allaah it is as Shaykh Muhammad bin haadee mentioned that if they continue upon this way of misguidance it wouldnt benefit them EVEN IF THEY WERE TO GRADUATE FROM WITHIN THE KA'BAH!
Shaikh Muqbil (May Allaah be pleased with him) said: “How many people have doctorates in Fiqh and understand nothing, how many have doctorates in Ḥadīth and don’t understand one Ḥadīth, for these certificates give creditation to many people to take certain positions which they do not deserve, and how does the title Dr help you when are are ignorant about the Shariah of Allah?”

If only the people could comprehend the dangers of Ahlul Bid'ah and there harms and affects upon the muslims. The prophet (Peace be upon him) use to warn against bid'ah in every sermon of his saying "And every newly invented matter is a bid'ah and every bid'ah is misguidance and every misguidance is in the Fire".

So this is indeed an advice to Al-Huda institute to change there ways and know that promoting the people of innovations books and tapes (Not to mention the people of innovation themselves!) are worse than vessels of wine!

To fix this problem Oh Al-Huda Institute and its followers you will need rectification of your affairs. for ineed you will not reach salvation without taking its path.

As a poet once said: ‘Are you hoping to be saved without going on its way? The boat does not float on dry land.’

May Allaah The Exalted and Oft-Forgiving guide Al-Huda Institute to the truth. And May Allaah make us of those who see the truth as truth and follow it and see the false as false and abstain from it.

Shaykh Naasirudeen al-Albānī use to say;

طالب الحق يكفيه دليل وصاحب الهوى لايكفيه ألف دليل الجاهل يعلم وصاحب الهوى ليس لنا عليه سبيل.

"One proof suffices The True Student, (Contrary) to the person of desires whom is not sufficed (even) with a Thousand proofs, we teach the ignorant, but we have no waywith the person of desires"

May Allaah Make Us Of Those Who Except The Haqq (the truth) when it is presented to them.

And Allaah knows best.

Everything that I said which is correct is from Allaah and Everything which I said that is incorrect is from my Own Self and the Shaytaan.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds

RT @GtownMasjid: Has Salafiyyah fallen? Sh, Allāmah Sālih al-Fawzan In addition to what was stated by this noble scholar, we say: Alh…

troid.org troid.org

RT @SalafiPubs: Shaikh Hasan Ibn Abdul-Wahhāb Al-Banna: You are our representatives in the West: Shaikh Abū Ḥakeem, Shaikh Abū Khadeejah an…

troid.org troid.org

RT @AbuIyaadSP: A Brief Biography of Harb bin Ismail al-Kirmani (d. 280H) He is Harb bin Ismāʿīl bin Khalaf al-Ḥanẓalī al-Kirmānī. Imām al…

troid.org troid.org