Topic-icon The Crisis of ISIS by 'Abdulilah Lahmāmī 12.01.15

• UmmSafura
  • UmmSafura's Avatar Topic Author
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #2549 by UmmSafura
The following article was emailed on 12, Jan, 2015 on 9:07PM (UK time) by brother 'Abdulilāh Lahmāmī for general distribution.
For further clarification or confirmation please contact our brother through Twitter @Abdulilah_UK and/or anything else.
The CRISIS of ISIS and their Kharajite affiliates
by Abdulilah Lahmāmī hāfidhahullāh

The Kharajites have split away from the main Sunni Muslim path whether they call themselves Qa'idah, Isis, Da'ish, Jubhat Nusra or other splinter groups. One of the first sects to appear straying away from Islām are the Kharajites. They used to distort the meaning of texts to aid their beliefs without referring back to Qur'an, Sunnah and the consensus of the Prophet's Companions.
The Kharajites call all Muslim rulers disbelievers indiscriminately!

“This is the group, the Kharajites that is known for going out against Muslim leaders due to claiming that they are disbelievers. They pass this judgment on the Muslim leaders because they fell short in implementing some of the religious obligations. From the foundations of the Kharajites is to call a Muslim a disbeliever due to major sins.”
Shahrastāni (AH1404:1/50)

A clear example of the Kharajites’s misinterpretation of the Qur'ān and ignoring the reason for revelation is the verse in which Allāh says:
وَمَن لَّمْ يَحْكُم بِمَا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْكَافِرُونَ

"And whosoever does not rule by what Allāh has revealed then they are disbelievers"
(Al-Mā'idah 5:44)

Ibn 'Abbās, the cousin of the Prophet ﷺ, explained the verse by saying,
“This verse was revealed regarding the People of the Book (Jews and Christians).”

Other Companions of the Prophet and Successors such as, Barā' b. cAzib, Hudhayfa b. Yaman, Abū Mijliz, Abū Rajā' al-'Attari. 'Ikrimah, 'Ubaydullāh b. 'Abdullāh and Ḥasan al-Basri agreed with him. Ibn Kathīr (1999:305) [My translation].

Ibn 'Abbās added that, “Whoever rejects what Allāh revealed is a disbeliever and the one who believes in it but does not rule by it, then he is an oppressive sinner.”
Ibn Kathīr (1999:305)

However, this verse was understood by the Kharajites to mean that all sinners upon major sin are disbelievers because they are not following divine law when they commit a major sin other than associating partners with Allāh (shirk). This is why they openly call all Muslim rulers disbelievers indiscriminately if they fail to implement the divine law completely, even if they believe it is the truth. There are three similar verses in the fifth Chapter of the Qur'ān, al-Mā'idah regarding the details of those who do not rule by Allāh's law.

وَمَن لَّمْ يَحْكُم بِمَا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْكَافِرُونَ
"And whosoever does not rule by what Allāh has revealed then they are disbelievers."
(Al-Mā'idah: 44)

وَمَن لَّمْ يَحْكُم بِمَا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ

"And whosoever does not rule by what Allāh has revealed then they are oppressors."
(Al-Mā'idah: 45)

وَمَن لَّمْ يَحْكُم بِمَا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ

"And whosoever does not rule by what Allāh has revealed then they are sinners."
(Al-Mā'idah: 47)

The importance of knowing the reasons for revelation is illustrated in the following statement of one of the Prophet's Companion, 'Abdullāh b. 'Umar may Allāh be pleased with him, who said, “Verily they (the Kharajites) rush to apply the verses that were revealed about the disbelievers and apply them to the believers.” Ibn Ḥajar (2000:12/350) Fatḥ al-Bārī

The Kharajites wage war on all non-Muslim societies!

For example, in the Chapter al-Anfāl and al-Tawbah, the war between the Muslims and the polytheists at the time of the Prophet Muḥammad r, is mentioned in detail. If someone did not know the reason for revelation, they may think that Islām wages war on all non-Muslims in any situation on a battlefield or otherwise. However, the context of the Chapter al-Anfāl and al-Tawbah are referring to the Muslims in a legitimate battlefield ONLY and not any other place. There are other verses which show a different interaction one should display with non-Muslims if they are not in a battlefield. For example, the Muslims are advised to show good manners towards non-Muslims and their neighbours such as:

لا يَنْهَاكُمُ اللَّهُ عَنِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ وَلَمْ يُخْرِجُوكُمْ مِنْ دِيَارِكُمْ أَنْ تَبَرُّوهُمْ وَتُقْسِطُوا إِلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِينَ
"Allāh does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allāh loves those who act justly."
(Mumtaḥana:9)

Even in a battlefield, there are numerous Prophetic narrations that forbid the killing of women, children and those surrendering along with messengers let alone aid workers. Knowing the context of verses and their reasons for revelation shows the different interactions between Muslims and non-Muslims.

Otherwise groups like the Kharajites, try to manipulate the verses in Chapter al-Anfāl and al-Tawbah to harm innocent people in the name of their DISTORTED ISLAM. Likewise, those non-Muslims, who have a pact between them and the Muslims, must not be harmed. Rather they should be protected in a Muslim country for they entered upon the state of security and therefore, are to be in that state until they leave.

The Prophet ﷺ said: “The one who gives agreement of security to a man to not spill his blood and then kills him, then indeed I am free from the killer, even if the one killed was an disbeliever.” [Musnad Imam Aḥmad (5/224) and Ṭahawi in al-Mushkil (203)].

The Prophet ﷺ said: "Whoever kills a non-Muslim under a pact will not smell the fragrance of paradise" [Saḥīḥ al-Bukhārī (3166)].

These mis-translations of the Qur'ān can be found in the interactions with non-Muslims by followers of the Kharajites sect such as the modern day Takfīris. Many of them follow the tafsīr of Sayyid Qu†b, in calling Muslim societies disbelievers. Hence, they call for political change in a non-Islamic way, even if it means using violence causing more harm than good. Therefore, the importance of this clarification in determining the mainstream Sunni meaning of verses is paramount in answering the many doubts that are brought forward by this and by other sects.

Those who call to the Qur'an and Sunnah in the understanding of the Companions (The Salafis) are those that are able to expel the false arguments of the Kharajites for they have knowledge in going back to the context of verses and are not like the rabble, emotional and ignorant Kharajites that cause more harm than good as they have done in 9/11, 7/7, recent Paris Killings etc. These killings have only caused more harm to Muslims and have nothing to do with Islam.

The scholars of Madinah have refuted these actions by the Kharajites continuously such as Sheikh 'Ubayd Al-Jābiri (Former Teacher at Islamic University of Madinah and Former Deputy Head of Da'wah Affairs in Madinah), Sheikh Dr. Muhammad b. Hādi (Teacher at Islamic University of Madinah and gives legal verdicts at Prophet's Mosque), Sheikh Abdulrahmān Muhyuddin (Former Teacher at Islamic University of Madinah and gives legal verdicts at Prophet's Mosque ) and others. These are from amongst the Sunni Salafi scholars whereas the Khawārij (Kharajites) have no scholars.

Shurayh an-Nakha'i said: My wife died before me. I wish she could take from my life or that we died together. I have seen how men hit their wives. May my hand be paralysed if my hand hits Zaynab. |al-Ahkam 1/462|
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by UmmSafura. Reason: Editing reference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #2559 by troid.org admin
Replied by troid.org admin on topic The Crisis of ISIS by 'Abdulilah Lahmāmī 12.01.15
What is the reference for this speech, jazāk Allāhu Khayran

• UmmSafura
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #2560 by UmmSafura
May Allāh bless you, he, hāfidhahullāh posted this small article on a mailing list on 12.01.15 - 21:07, I would post his email here but I won't without his permission.

Shurayh an-Nakha'i said: My wife died before me. I wish she could take from my life or that we died together. I have seen how men hit their wives. May my hand be paralysed if my hand hits Zaynab. |al-Ahkam 1/462|

More
4 years 3 months ago #2563 by troid.org admin
Replied by troid.org admin on topic The Crisis of ISIS by 'Abdulilah Lahmāmī 12.01.15
Ok, thats good mā shā' Allāh. Please add it like so:

The following was emailed on (date/time) from (name) for general distribution:

Referencing is important. Good job! Good post!
The following user(s) said Thank You: UmmSafura

• UmmSafura
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #2564 by UmmSafura
May Allāh protect you, you're right, I've edited the post above.

May He preserve you upon His religion, Āmīn! بارك الله فيكم

The following user(s) said Thank You: troid.org admin

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds