More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #2629 by troid.org admin
A Young Brother's Trip to the Salafis in PA was created by troid.org admin

My trip to Pittsburgh 13 Rabi’ al Awwal 1436
Jan 4 2015
العلمين رب لله الحمد الرحيم الرحمن الله بسم
وسلم وصحبه اله على و محمد نبينا على والسلام والصلاة
: بعد ام
My name is Abūl Qaasim Ahmed from Toronto. Alhamdulillah I have been salafi for 8 years. I was first exposed to salafiyyah at age 13 while attending Qur’an and ‘Aqīdah classes at TROID walillahil hamd.
In the month of Safar 1436 (December 2014), I and a group of brothers from TROID travelled to masjid al Awwal in Pittsburgh to visit our noble brother and teacher Mūsá Richardson hafidhahullah. I have been to the US on multiple occasions; however this was the first time travelling there for beneficial knowledge.

My experience in Pittsburgh is one that I’ll remember for some time to come in sha Allah. The brothers there were very kind and hospitable, ma sha Allah, especially the admin of the masjid: Abū Maryam Nafees Moorefield and Abū ‘Abdil Fattaah Ṣalāh Brooks. The brothers would offer us great food and take care of us in a humble manner all the while apologizing for any shortcomings that may have occurred along the way. May Allah forgive us and them; He is the All Forgiving, All Merciful.
If any brothers/sisters plan to travel to Pittsburgh to take from our teacher Abūl ‘Abbās and are looking for a place to eat, then I would suggest they speak to Nafees. Not only is he the President of the masjid, but also the owner of Grandma B’s; a local restaurant down the street from the masjid. I enjoyed the food greatly even though almost all of my companions from TROID poked fun at me over the next few days for having rice and chicken for breakfast. May Allah bless his business.
As for the classes we attended at masjid al Awwal, then they were very beneficial to say the least. The admin organized a series of lectures in anticipation of our arrival and even handed out booklets for us to maximize our benefits from the lectures.
From the classes were the explanations of the conditions of la ilaaha illallaah and a study of the letter sent by Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘AbdilWahab to the people of Qaseem when they asked him about his ‘aqīdah.
May Allah bless their masjid in Pittsburgh and make it a shining post for Ahl us Sunnah for years to come. He is the All Hearing, All Seeing.
وسلم وصحبه اله على و محمد نبينا على الله وصلى

My trip to Philadelphia
21 Rabi’ al Awaal 1436
Jan 12 2015
الله رسول على والسلام والصلاة الله بسم
وسلم وصحبه اله على و
As for my trip to Philadelphia, then it occurred in the month of Safar as well. The first visit was to our noble brother Abū Abdillaah Ḥasan Somali. While there, we met with several students of knowledge such as Anwar Wright and Abdurahman Taweel and the organizer of the Umrah trips ‘Isa Underdue.
The Admin of the masjid took great measures to ensure we were looked after in the best possible way. They were very hospitable towards us and I would like to extend my gratitude to the two AbdulAziz’s for the great manner in which they hosted us and took care of us.
So May Allah bless them and bless Ḥasan for the love and great concern he showed towards his fellow salafis. He gave us books to facilitate our path in seeking knowledge and advised us with the advice he received from Shaykh Ubayd hafidhahullah. That is to busy yourself and the masjid with knowledge and eventually those who harbor ill feelings towards salafiyyah and its people will be made apparent and will have no choice but to leave. How true was this great advice once enacted by our brothers at Germantown masjid, such that the everyday classes are attended by many to the extent that the masjid is filled with locals.

Second trip to Philadelphia
الله رسول على والسلام والصلاة الله بسم
وسلم وصحبه اله على و

As for my second trip to Germantown masjid then it was for the winter conference. It was the first time that I had witnessed such a great number of salafis gather in one place united upon the Qur’an and Sunnah and upon the methodology of the Salaf us Ṣāliḥ. It was also the first time I had seen so many students of knowledge present in one conference; some of them with enough humility to sit and listen to other students of knowledge speak, even if he had more knowledge than the speaker. This was something truly amazing to experience firsthand, walillaahil hamd.
We got to see brothers who travelled from all over the US. Some of them as far as Minnesota, Florida and others from San Diego, who had to travel three days to get to the conference. So may Allah reward all of them.
As for the lectures, then Abūl ‘Abbās Mūsá’s class on zakaah stood out with his use of the powerpoint slides, which engaged everyone as well as the review questions before the start of each class. Also Abūl Ḥasan Maalik’s lectures on how to write letters according to the Qur’an and Sunnah was particularly engaging as well as the advices directed to the youth by ‘Umar Quinn to remain upright and shun the temporary enjoyment of this life.
All in all, the conference was a major success walillahil hamd One thing that sticks out more than others, was how when there was a commotion outside caused by hajuri followers, our brothers Ḥasan and Maalik among others dealt with it strongly showing absolutely zero tolerance for those who insult the scholars of Ahl us Sunnah.
May Allah reward them all and keep us and them firm upon the manhaj of the Salaf.

وسلم وصحبه اله على و محمد نبينا على الله وصلى

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by troid.org admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds