Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Your input requested / questions welcomed

• troid.ca admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #211 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Your input requested / questions welcomed
Wa 'alaykumus Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh,

Sister, this question has been moved to a seperate thread: www.troid.ca/index.php?option=com_kunena...view&id=209&catid=15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #231 by Nusaybah
Replied by Nusaybah on topic Your input requested / questions welcomed
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Insha'Allah I'll be taking the course online via Hearme but I wanted to ask you about recording the classes online. Sometimes I like to record classes in case I miss something during class so I can listen to it again afterwards and complete my notes. I normally delete the recording afterwards but do you have any problem with students recording the classes? I wanted to first get your permission and see if this is okay with you since I thought you may not want this if you are going to sell the classes on CDs afterwards. BarakAllahu feekum.

Nusaybah Alli
Toronto-Canada

• troid.ca admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #233 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Your input requested / questions welcomed
Wa 'alaykumus Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh,

There are several reasons why we do not allow recordings, from the most important of them is that the speaker often wants to review/change content on the the recording. The only way to do this is to have one single recording to review. Opening up multiple recordings would mean that this cannot be controlled. It could be agreed that the recording be deleted later, in reality, someone may distribute the audio or forget etc. and then we might have something that requires correction in the public domain. The best way to control all of this is to prevent open recording.

It is the preference of the centre and the speaker not to allow open recording.

Moderators: troid.ca adminmoosaa.richardsonAbu Ubaidah
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: Trolls & misguided people of hizbiyyah, excessive talk & disputation: Don't be surprised when you are blocked. And NO, it…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: There is far too much talking, tweeting, & social media for Muslims! Focus on what benefits you, seek Allah's Assistance…

troid.org troid.org

RT @GtownMasjid: 8. Not condemning public prejudice feeds the narrative promoted by Islamophobes that Islam demeans African Americans 9. T…

troid.org troid.org