Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Sunan Abee Dāwūd - English Translation

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #179 by moosaa.richardson
Sunan Abee Dāwūd - English Translation was created by moosaa.richardson
as-Salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah

We will be making the selected chapters of Sunan Abee Dāwūd available in Arabic with vowels for all registered students in shaa' Allaah.

As for an English translation of these ḥadīths, then I only know of the three volume translation that is available.

Daar as-Salaam of Riyadh has published the other three Sunan books (Tirmithi, Nasaa'ee, Ibn Maajah), and they include both English & Arabic, with the chains still available in Arabic, which is the kind of thing we need for our course. However, as far I know, they have not released their translation of Sunan Abee Dāwūd. I think it will be 5 volumes in shaa' Allaah. I would expect it to be more appropriate for our course than the currently available one in three volumes, however it may not be available in time.

If someone knows anything more, please post it for the benefit of everyone.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by moosaa.richardson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #200 by h_elsharif
Replied by h_elsharif on topic Sunan Abee Dāwūd - English Translation
Wa 'alaykumussalām wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu,

I was able to come across a partial translation of Sunan Abee Dawood online. The link for the Book on Fasting is:

www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadith...budawud/013.sat.html

And I also found that I have a pdf of chapter as well.(See attachment)

Please note though, the chain of narrators is not included and I do not know of the accuracy or source of the translation. If you can check it to see if it is beneficial that would be great insha-Allaah.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #201 by
Akhee Husayn, can you try attaching that file again...

More
11 years 4 months ago #202 by h_elsharif
Replied by h_elsharif on topic Sunan Abee Dāwūd - English Translation

File Attachment:

File Name: Excerpt_fr...wood.pdf
File Size:35 KB
Attachments:

More
11 years 1 month ago #501 by msaqib2
Replied by msaqib2 on topic Sunan Abee Dāwūd - English Translation
As-Salaamu AlaiKum,

I have access to Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Shamaa-il at-Tirmidhi, Malik's Muwatta and Sunan Abū Dāwūd -- all typed up on my computer.

I am not sure about the authenticity of the english translations (but the Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim are good translations.. they are Dar-us-Salaam Publications). With regards to Sunan Abi Dāwūd, then it has been translated by someone named "Professor Aḥmad Ḥasan" (i don't know who this is).

I don't know how the origional looks like, in Arabic, and how many chapters\books and other information it has. From the english information that i have, i have access to ahadith from numbers 1 to 5253.

From the english information that i have, i have access to ahadith from numbers 1 to 5253.

The topics\books are (in the english version i have);
1. Purification
2. Prayer
3. Zakat
4. The Rites of Hajj
5. Marriage
6. Divorce
7. Fasting
8. Jihd
9. Sacrifice
10. Game
11. Wills
12. Shares of Inheritance
13. Tribute, Spoils, and Rulership
14. Funerals
15. Oaths and Vows
16. Commercial Transactions
17. Wages
18. The Office of the Judge
19. Knowledge
20. Drinks
21. Food
22. Medicine
23. Divination and Omens
24. Book of Emancipation of Slaves
25. Dialetcs and Readings of the Qur'an
26. Hot Baths
27. Cloathing
28. Combing and Hair
29. Signet-Rings
30. Trials and Fierce Battles
31. The Promised Deliverer
32. Battles
33. Prescibed Punishments
34. Types of Blook-Wit
35. Model Behavior of the Prophet
36. General Behaviour
But this may be incomplete? (i don't know)

The link given below by brother Husayn on the partial online translation of Sunan Abee Dawood, then this has the Book of Fasting as "Book 7" (with ahadith number 2306 to number 2469).

The version that i have (above), the Book of Fasting is "Book 13" (with exactly the same ahadith numbers within it, numbers 2306 to 2469). -- This is a major difference that i spotted.

Maybe this can be used as a framework to work from.
Then someone who knows Arabic can look at the origional Arabic, and verify if the translation is good or bad. (?)

If you want to take a look, then reply back.
(because i don't know who is Professor Aḥmad Ḥasan, therefore i have not stated how to access this yet).

Wa alaiKum as-Salaam

Fudayl ibn Iyyad (rahimahullah) stated; "A mans' fear of Allah is equal to his knowledge of Him. And his renunciation of wordly pleasures is equal to his desire in the Hereafter."

Moderators: moosaa.richardsonAbu Ubaidah
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: Trolls & misguided people of hizbiyyah, excessive talk & disputation: Don't be surprised when you are blocked. And NO, it…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: There is far too much talking, tweeting, & social media for Muslims! Focus on what benefits you, seek Allah's Assistance…

troid.org troid.org

RT @GtownMasjid: 8. Not condemning public prejudice feeds the narrative promoted by Islamophobes that Islam demeans African Americans 9. T…

troid.org troid.org