Topic-icon Suggestion for Posting Notes

• troid.ca admin
  • troid.ca admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #320 by troid.ca admin
Suggestion for Posting Notes was created by troid.ca admin
As Salaam 'Alaykum,

In order to keep the course notes organised. Please post your notes to one of the four sticky topics in the forum:

Aqīdah: www.troid.ca/index.php?option=com_kunena...view&id=251&catid=15

Fiqh: www.troid.ca/index.php?option=com_kunena...view&id=273&catid=15

Tafsīr: www.troid.ca/index.php?option=com_kunena...view&id=270&catid=15

Ḥadīth Sciences: www.troid.ca/index.php?option=com_kunena...view&id=293&catid=15

In order to keep things organised, I suggest:

a) post your notes as an attachment (shortens the length of topic threads)
b) for each reply to a post with new notes, title it in BOLD based on the title of each lecture here: www.troid.ca/index.php?option=com_kunena...view&id=239&catid=15
c) use a standardised naming convention for your attachments, instead of mondayclass.doc use something like aqīdah1_300608.doc so people can organise their attachments when they download them easily insha'Allaah.

Some tips!

Barakallaahu Feekum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #333 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Suggestion for Posting Notes
wa 'alaykumus-salāmu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

[A SUGGESTION]

I was hoping that the notes posted online would be an easy way for someone who missed a lecture to get some help. Although it is a great show of enthusiasm, more than one person posting notes on one subject can be a little confusing for someone who just wants to find out what he missed.

I suggest that we select one person for each subject to clean his/her notes up and submit them to the forum. Anyone who finds a mistake or something missing can contribute to the post, in a supportive way. We could then keep this post as a sticky and move all the other notes.

My theory is that everyone misses something. So why not work together on one good complete set of notes, instead of multiple posts with generally the same content, but unedited and thus having mistakes and missing information?

This would accomplish the goal of reviewing the class material for those who post the notes and those who review them to check for missing information. It would also provide an easy way for someone who missed a lecture to get the most accurate and least confusing kind of help.

And Allaah knows best.

This is my suggestion. I would love to hear your feedback about it.

More
11 years 4 months ago #337 by h_elsharif
Replied by h_elsharif on topic Suggestion for Posting Notes
Inshaa-Allaah i'll stick with the 'Aqīdah courses, if people can volunteer for the other courses that would be good.

More
11 years 4 months ago #339 by Nusaybah
Replied by Nusaybah on topic Suggestion for Posting Notes
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

I'd like to volunteer to do the notes for the fiqh classes. The notes I've posted I've already edited though so they would pretty much look the same insha'Allah.

Nusaybah Alli

• troid.ca admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #340 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Suggestion for Posting Notes
Wa 'alaykumus Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh,

Masha'Allaah, that's 'Aqīdah and Fiqh. Tafsīr and Ḥadīth Sciences remain insha'Allaah. Don't forget to use the format mentioned below wa jazaakumullaahu khair.

More
11 years 4 months ago #349 by umm_muaawiyah
Replied by umm_muaawiyah on topic Suggestion for Posting Notes
Assalāmu'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barkaatuh

I'm willing to volunteer for the Ḥadīth Sciences Notes inshaAllah...but I wanted to know if I should post my notes from the previous classes...Baarakallaahu Feekum

'Aisha

• troid.ca admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #353 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Suggestion for Posting Notes
Wa 'alaykumus Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh...

Sounds Good!

Students, just a reminder.

In order to keep things organised, I suggest:

a) post your notes as an attachment (shortens the length of topic threads)
b) for each reply to a post with new notes, title it in BOLD based on the title of each lecture here: www.troid.ca/index.php?option=com_kunena...view&id=239&catid=15
c) use a standardised naming convention for your attachments, instead of mondayclass.doc use something like aqīdah1_300608.doc so people can organise their attachments when they download them easily insha'Allaah.

Some of the notes are being posted as 'monday class' or 'aqīdah wed' etc. for review, and for others in the future (years to come), this is hard to follow.

Jazaakumullaahu khair

Moderators: troid.ca adminmoosaa.richardsonAbu Ubaidah
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: Trolls & misguided people of hizbiyyah, excessive talk & disputation: Don't be surprised when you are blocked. And NO, it…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: There is far too much talking, tweeting, & social media for Muslims! Focus on what benefits you, seek Allah's Assistance…

troid.org troid.org

RT @GtownMasjid: 8. Not condemning public prejudice feeds the narrative promoted by Islamophobes that Islam demeans African Americans 9. T…

troid.org troid.org