Topic-icon Ways to Improve future Summer Courses

• troid.ca admin
  • troid.ca admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #451 by troid.ca admin
Ways to Improve future Summer Courses was created by troid.ca admin
Bismillaah, wal-hamdulilaah, was-ṣalātu was-salāmu 'alaa rasoolillaah,

We sincerely thank all those who attended this year's Islāmic Summer Courses, from our beloved teacher, Abūl-'Abbās to all the students who collectively made it a wonderful experience of Islāmic learning and cooperation upon righteousness.

I am starting this topic so we can all suggest ways to improve the course for next year, there is always room for improvement insha'Allaah and you are our most important advisors in this regard, and we very much respect your input.

Feel free to make your suggestions here.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by troid.ca admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #454 by h_elsharif
Replied by h_elsharif on topic Ways to Improve future Summer Courses
Alhamdulillaah the courses were nice.
One suggestion I have is to advertise the classes more if possible inshaa-Allaah. This suggestion also applies to students who have taken the course too as they can spread the word to their friends, acquaintances, brothers, & sisters inshaa-Allaah.

Response: Masha'Allaah, good call. We hope to present an advertisement package to all students and be more active in distributing material much earlier in the future insha'Allaah. Great suggestion.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by troid.ca admin. Reason: added response

• UmmIbrahim Labiba
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #456 by UmmIbrahim Labiba
Replied by UmmIbrahim Labiba on topic Ways to Improve future Summer Courses
Mashallah, it was a wonderful course. Very beneficial, Alhumdulillah! May Allaah Reward you all..... I think it would be nice to have more than just one course a year. Maybe, one every six month!

Response: Jazaak Allaahu Khair for your your commments. It would be great! I think it would be difficult to arrange biannually in terms of Abūl-'Abbās' schedule, ample preperation time and promotion of the course. In the interim, we hope to prepare for next summer insha'Allaah.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #457 by agmughal
Replied by agmughal on topic Ways to Improve future Summer Courses
Assalāmu'alaykum

A few family members also wanted to take the course however due the courses running from 12.30 to 3.30am (UK) it was very difficult. They even asked whether audio recordings were available in order to review the classes in their own time during the day.

I understand the piracy issues involved with issuing recordings however, a solution such as flash based audio streaming should mostly eradicate this.

Response: Masha'Allaah, Abdul Ghani, Allaah bless you for your efforts, it couldn't have been easy. We tried to compromise the timings as best we can, without a doubt those timings were tailored to the N. American audience (as we are in N. America). Some of the locals wanted an earlier start time, say 6PM EST or 11PM BST, however, with most people working a 9-5 here, it wouldn't give them time for their dinner etc. We locked in on 7.30, 7PM is a potential start time but I'm not sure we could start earlier than that. As for the recordings, there are a few issues, one as you mentioned, in addition, it would take extra time after the 10PM finish time of the course and Ṣalātul-Isha' to prep/upload the audios which would be quite burdensome on the individual who has to do this. Also, Abūl-Abbās, in certain cases requests editing of portions of a given lecture which would complicate the process further. If there is a way to record/embed the HearMe conf. then this might work, I know that the video/audio can be recorded by the admin. however, we would like to seperate them. Another good point/suggestion, which we will look hard at in the months ahead insha'Allaah - jazaak Allaah khair

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #459 by Maurisa Jones
Replied by Maurisa Jones on topic Ways to Improve future Summer Courses
As salāmu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Al Hamdulillah this course was very beneficial from its beginning to it's end, may Allah reward firdaus to all those who organized it, taught it, and learned from it. Allahuma Ameen.

I would like to suggest that next year, if the online option is still available , that the online students get just as much attention and time spent as the persons present, sometimes it only seemed like it was a lecture being listened to, rather than a class being participated in. So if it's possible next year to InshaaAllah, make it more interactive for the students online, as far as addressing questions, or accepting answers to questions being asked, or any other matter which came up this time, wa Al Hamdulillah.

Was ṣalātu was salāmu ala Rasulullah.

As salāmun alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Response: Wa 'alaykumus Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh. Good point. Some private time was alocated to the online attendees exclusively, however, it would be an improvement to involve them a bit more during the sessions so they can feel that they are in a class environment not a open lecture environment. Another good suggestion towards improvement, jazaak Allaahu khair

More
11 years 3 months ago #462 by Ahmed_alKanadi
Replied by Ahmed_alKanadi on topic Ways to Improve future Summer Courses
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Jazahumullahu khayran, those who were involved in setting up the course, maintaining it, teaching it, attending to our teachers needs, and the students.

The course was extremely beneficial walhamdulillah. I think it would be good to in sha Allah have more of a hadith class next year. What I mean is both theoretical learning and also practical application, for example as we did in the first week with the three hadith with majhool narrators. If it's possible then it would be a nice benefit in sha Allah.

Moderators: troid.ca adminmoosaa.richardsonAbu Ubaidah
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: Trolls & misguided people of hizbiyyah, excessive talk & disputation: Don't be surprised when you are blocked. And NO, it…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: There is far too much talking, tweeting, & social media for Muslims! Focus on what benefits you, seek Allah's Assistance…

troid.org troid.org

RT @GtownMasjid: 8. Not condemning public prejudice feeds the narrative promoted by Islamophobes that Islam demeans African Americans 9. T…

troid.org troid.org