Topic-icon Question on Work in Prison

• ritachilds
  • ritachilds's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #2341 by ritachilds
Question on Work in Prison was created by ritachilds
Hi. My name is Rita Childs and my husband asked me to pose a question on your forum. He could not do it himself because he currently in Federal Prison in FCI Pollock in Louisiana. His name is Harry Satcher but his Muslim name is Fahim. He is a Muslim man and I myself am new to this faith but I have not taken my Shahada yet but I will very soon. I'm going to copy and paste his question as it was sent to me via email. Thank you

Is it permissible for a Muslim man to work in a UNICOR factory at a Federal Correctional Institute that makes clothing for the U.S. Army or any branch of the Armed services? I need the answer with the proofs "Qu'ranic and Ahadith."

(We make training shorts for them. We use to make combat pants for them. Some FCI's make jackets for them others make shirts and some refurbish their humvees and other transport vehicles. We don't actually know where the clothing we make actually goes and we are not forced to work in these factories. it is a privilege to work in them. this is background information)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #2343 by troid.org admin
Replied by troid.org admin on topic Question on Work in Prison
Hello Rita,

Thank you for posting in our forum. Do you know if this work is obligatory or optional?

It's great to know you are studying Islam. You may enjoy this website: www.islaam.ca

Convey our salāms to Fahim.

How to make the shaahadah: www.islaam.ca/index.php?option=com_conte...e-of-life&Itemid=192

• ritachilds
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #2345 by ritachilds
Replied by ritachilds on topic Question on Work in Prison
Thank you for the links. I appreciate it. His work in the prison would be optional.

More
5 years 7 months ago #2346 by troid.org admin
Replied by troid.org admin on topic Question on Work in Prison
Perhaps he may choose to do something he finds more pleasure in doing if it is optional.

Does he have email access through CORRLINKS, if so he can email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to request access to email us.

Also, you are welcome to email us to iap @ troid.ca to rely any questions or needs he may have.

Does he know about our Inmate Assistance Programme: www.troid.ca/index.php/forum/prison-da-wah-outreach

• ritachilds
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #2347 by ritachilds
Replied by ritachilds on topic Question on Work in Prison
Yes he doe shave access to CORRLINKS. I just sent him the email to send you a request. I also told him about your inmate assistance program. Thank you for replying to me. I have had the hardest time getting someone to answer this question. I'm sure he will send you the corrlinks request today.

Moderators: Abu Rumaysa
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds