Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Volunteer Needed (to collect questions)

• troid.ca admin
  • troid.ca admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #1199 by troid.ca admin
Volunteer Needed (to collect questions) was created by troid.ca admin
On the audio page for this class: www.troid.ca/index.php?option=com_conten...w&id=1085&Itemid=300

We currently have

1. audio
2. transcriptions (may Allaah reward the transcriber)
3. questions?

Is there someone who can volunteer to collect the questions for each audio so that we can list related questions on this page too? I thought it would be a nice addition and something we normally do with our audios. This would be an ongoing task that one student could take on to aid the da'wah, it would involve reviewing the audio and typing out the questions only.

Also, another reason for this is to have those questions pop up on google searches (which impacts the da'wah in a postive way masha'Allaah.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• almujahidaalitalya
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
8 years 9 months ago #1200 by almujahidaalitalya
Replied by almujahidaalitalya on topic Volunteer Needed (to collect questions)
Wa Alaikum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu,

insha'allah I wouldn't mind helping in the task

More
8 years 9 months ago #1201 by umm_Ibraheem
Replied by umm_Ibraheem on topic Volunteer Needed (to collect questions)
troid.ca admin wrote:

On the audio page for this class: www.troid.ca/index.php?option=com_conten...w&id=1085&Itemid=300

We currently have

1. audio
2. transcriptions (may Allaah reward the transcriber)
3. questions?

Is there someone who can volunteer to collect the questions for each audio so that we can list related questions on this page too? I thought it would be a nice addition and something we normally do with our audios. This would be an ongoing task that one student could take on to aid the da'wah, it would involve reviewing the audio and typing out the questions only.

Also, another reason for this is to have those questions pop up on google searches (which impacts the da'wah in a postive way masha'Allaah.

Assalāmu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh...

I would like to help out with this Inshaa Allaah.

wassalāmu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

It is reported that Abu al-Dardaa(may allaah be pleased with him) said: "You will never be pious (a person of taqwa)until you become knowledgeable, and you will never be beautiful with your knowledge until you act (by it)." [Ibn 'Abd al-Barr, Jami' Bayaan al-'Ilm wa Fadihi']

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1202 by Umm_Saaleh
Replied by Umm_Saaleh on topic Volunteer Needed (to collect questions)
ssalamu 'alaikum wa Rahamtullaahi wa Barakaatuhu

I would like to volunteer myself and I already did this for the first class so I could benefit and would like to do it for others to benefit too inshaaAllaah bi'ithnillaah!

Bismillaahirahmaniraheem

Class 1 - Question and Answers [27.11.2010]

1) What is the full name of Ibn Mandah?

‘Abū ‘Abdillaah Muhammed ibn Ishaq ibn Muhammed ibn Yahya ibn Mandah

2) What is the fourth category of the evidences used in this book?

The fourth category is – da’eef. Weak ahadith that are not considered Ḥasan li-ghayrihi, meaning they do not have support to strengthen it.

3) Are the Kitaab at-Tawḥīd’s very different from eachother?

Kitaab at-Tawḥīd that we are studying is very similar to that of Imam al-Bukharee rahimullaahu ta’ala as previously mentioned. The Kitaab at-Tawḥīd is one of the Jaami – meaning collection of ṣaḥīḥ books by Imam al-Bukharee. Whereas, Muhammed ibn ‘Abdul-Wahab rahimullaahu ta’ala made Kitaab at-Tawḥīd as a separate book not as part of a wider collection.

Ibn Khuzaymah’s rahimullaahu ta’ala Kitaab at-Tawḥīd is similar to Bukharee’s Kitaab at-Tawḥīd as it’s very early, same as Ibn Mandah rahimullaahu ta’ala. All three of the earlier books bring the narrations with their chains and so all of the ahadith are mentioned with their chains. All three books are considered therefore to be source books and even the latest of them being Ibn Mandah’s book from d.395 is still considered to be a primary source of ahadith. In that way they are different from the later three that do not have chains for the ahadith that are mentioned in them.

The Kitaab at-Tawḥīd of ibn Rajab is very different in its style as it mentions a few ahadith and is much shorter and less comprehensive and more along the writing style as it is less lengthy.

Also, the Kitaab at-Tawḥīd of Ibn Khuzaymah goes into a lot of refutations and a lot of criticism of the opposing position in a very stern approach.

4) What is the title of the book we are studying from?

Al-Mulakh-Khas fi Sharḥ Kitaab at-Tawḥīd is the shorter explanation of the two written by Shaykh Saaleh al-Fawzān hafidhullaah.

The author hafidhullaah mentions a summary of the meaning of the evidences - a few issues that relate to the language used in those evidences and then five, six, seven or more simple and straight forward points that need to be understood from each evidence.

5) What was the purpose of Muhammed ibn ‘Abdul-Wahaab’s rahimullaah use of da’eef ahadith? Was he unaware of their weakness? Or was there another reason?

It is the custom of the scholars in a very general way to make what is known as ‘istinaas, to mention their proofs with the book of Allaah azzawajal and then the authentic ahadith – in order of authenticity sometimes.

6) What is the meaning of Al-Mulakh-Khas?

Al-Mulakh-Khas comes from the meaning is that which is made in a brief way or an abridgement that is made.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by moosaa.richardson.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1204 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Volunteer Needed (to collect questions)
i would also recommend that someone volunteer to make quick lists in the whiteboard area during the class to make it easier to follow along, like: the points of benefit (numbered) by Sh. al-Fowzaan for each text, and any other quick lists like the three stances we have on the narrations of jews and christians (from class #4)...

• troid.ca admin
  • troid.ca admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #1210 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Volunteer Needed (to collect questions)
Wa 'alaykumus Salaam wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh.

Thank you all for your feedback, I initially requested just the questions, but if it can be Q&A then this is even better. We are delighted that so many have such great enthusiasm for the class, Allaah reward you and make you even better.

I will begin a locked thread with Q&A and link it on the class audio page!

So far two people have submitted - one with questions (as requested) one the Q&A (even better). Those who are able to handle this task weekly, can you email me (info at troid.ca) and confirm, you can submit Q&A by email and I will make a locked post with all Q&A.

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds