Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Class#8 Unanswered Questions

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1326 by moosaa.richardson
Class#8 Unanswered Questions was created by moosaa.richardson
The following question was posed during the 8th class, and we did not have time to handle all the questions:

with the 7th benefit saying that the propagator has to be well versed in the principles of Islam, how do we understand the other hadith that says...convey from me even if its one ayah?

"Convey from me even if its only one aayah" - This is an admonishment for those qualified to convey from the Messenger (ṣallallāhu alayhe wa sallam) to teach and spread the message of the Prophet (ṣallallāhu alayhe wa sallam), even if it is something small, similar to his statement, "Do not look down upon any good deed (even a small one)." And I hope that our class is an example of the implementation of this Prophetic reminder, as sometimes all we study is one aayah.

It is not to be understood as the stray sect "Jamaa'at at-Tableegh" assume - that this ḥadīth entitles ignorant people to speak about Islām. This is an expanation of a ḥadīth based upon ignorance, a sad attempt to open the flood gates for more speech about Allaah's Religion without being grounded in knowledge. This is one of the obvious flaws in the manhaj (methodology) of that Jamaa'ah, may Allaah guide them.

The Qur'aanic proofs regarding the obligation to be qualified before speaking are many.

"Call to the way of your Lord with hikmah (knowedge of the Sunnah, proofs)..."

"Say: This is my way, I call to (the Way of) llaah upon baseerah (insight based on knowledge and proofs)"

"And do not follow after what you have no knowledge of"

"Say: the things my Lord have forbidden are... and that you speak about Allaah with what you do not know"

How can all these verses be disregarded to explain a ḥadīth?

And Allaah knows best.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by moosaa.richardson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• moosaa.richardson
More
9 years 8 months ago #1327 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Re:Class#8 Unanswered Questions

Why was there no live video of the speaker for class #8?

Simply because I am afraid of recordings being made unintentionally, and the issue of image-making is a very serious one in Islām. The Messenger of Allaah (ṣallallāhu 'alayhe wa sallam) cursed the image-makers and identified for us that they will be people who face the most severe punishment on the Day of Recompense. May Allaah protect us.

While there is scholarly differing over the issue of video recording and photography, I believe for myself that they are not exempted from the general prohibition of image-making, and only live video broadcasting (unrecorded) is permissible, as it is closer to a mirror than a prohibited image.

But the live video broadcast must not be recorded, and it has occurred more than once that the video was accidentally recorded by the WizIQ service and even made available before it could be deleted. While it was unintended and unauthorized, perhaps we are too close to our great King's Limits and Boundaries, as our sheep have hopped over the fence! And Allaah knows best.

• moosaa.richardson
More
9 years 8 months ago #1328 by moosaa.richardson

How can I correct my reputation once it has been tarnished?

Focus on your relationship with Allaah, and fix anything that is between you and Him that has lead to your reputation with His creation being tarnished. Yet, perhaps your reputation has been harmed by something you have done that isw correct and it pleases Allaah. In this case, enjoy that the people do not think well of you, while Allaah is pleased with you. You will enjoy additional rewards with Allaah as a result of their unwarranted bad speech of you, taking from their good deeds or passing on your sins to them in the Hereafter. And Allaah knows best.

• moosaa.richardson
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1329 by moosaa.richardson

When someone is dying should they saying 'La ilha il Allaah' suffiecient or 'La ilha il Allaah Muhammad rasoolulaah'?

Sallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam.

If someone dying wants to say the shahaadatayn to confirm their Islām, then they say both. However, as a general thikr (phrase of remembrance), laa ilaaha ill-Allaah is legislated without Muhammadur-Rasool Allaah (ṣallallāhu alayhe wa sallam). And the Messenger ṣallallāhu 'alayhe wa sallam said: Laqqinoo mowtaakum Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah. (Encourage your dying to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah.) And he did not add Muhamadur-Rasool Allaah.

And Allaah knows best.

More
9 years 8 months ago #1330 by muslim323
Replied by muslim323 on topic Re:Class#8 Unanswered Questions
As-Salaam 'alaykum wa Rahmatullaah,

I had a few specific questions to a few points I did not understand. I do not want to post them unless others have the same question. I prefer to e-mail them. The addresses I e-mailed to, I did not receive any reply.

• moosaa.richardson
More
9 years 8 months ago #1332 by moosaa.richardson
wa 'alaykumus-salāmu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Please try to ask the questions in class. Perhaps the question and its answer will be a great benefit.

I often do not get a chance to answer individual emails.

• moosaa.richardson
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1333 by moosaa.richardson

Assalamualaikum, I run a dairy farm, I have 14 mature cows, 14 calves under 2years age, and 5 calves under 1 month age. Age of my farm is close to 1.5yrs. Do I have to give Zakat, if yes then how much or in which manner? Barak Allahutala Feekum

Answered here:
www.troid.ca/index.php?option=com_kunena...atid=20&id=1331#1331

More
9 years 8 months ago #1334 by h_elsharif
Replied by h_elsharif on topic Re:Class#8 Unanswered Questions
Assalāmu alaikum

Q: Does the lesser shirk of riyaa (showing off) include intentionally showing off in worldly affairs?

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds