Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Free yourself from the Hellfire 25% ??

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #1378 by moosaa.richardson
Free yourself from the Hellfire 25% ?? was created by moosaa.richardson

Could anyone please verify the following ḥadīth below? JazakamAllahu khayr

اللهم إني أصبحت أشهدك واشهد حملة عرشك و ملاكتك وجميع خلفك بأنك أنت الله لا إله إلا أنت وأن محمدًا عبدك ورسولك

"O Allah I call You to witness and I call the bearers of Your Throne Your angels and all Your creatures to witness that You are Allah and there is no god except You and that Muhammad is Your slave and messenger"

The Arabic may not be 100%.

But in the book it quotes the following; Anas RA reported Allahs Messenger sallallahu alayhi wa sallam as saying " if anyone says in the morning or evening ( the above ) then Allah will free a quarter of him from the fire. Whoever says it twice Allah will free half of him from the fire, whoever says it three times Allah will free three quarters if him from the fire. Whoever says it four times Allah will free him from the fire (completely).

( At-Trimidhi transmitted it saying this is a Ḥasan ḥadīth )

as-salāmu 'alaykum

At-Tirmithee collected it in his Jaami' (#3501) and called it ghareeb (strange).

Abū Dāwūd also collected it in his Sunan (#5078).

It was graded hasan by al-Munthiree in at-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb.

It was called "hasan-ṣaḥīḥ" by Ibn Taymiyyah in al-Kalim at-Tayyib (his du'aa' collection).

Al-Albaanee refutes this in Silsilatul-Aḥādīthid-Dha'eefah (#1041) in detail, showing the weaknesses of both chains of this ḥadīth and how they can not be used to strengthen each other. This argument is convincing, and seems to be what is most correct about this ḥadīth. And Allaah knows best.

NOTE: At-Tirmithee did not call the ḥadīth "hasan" as quoted in the question. Rather, he called it ghareeb, which is a grading that commonly indicates weakness.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by moosaa.richardson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #1384 by Shyma
Replied by Shyma on topic Re:Free yourself from the Hellfire 25% ??
JazakAllahu Khair brother Moosa for clarifying this narration-
I've heard that there are many unauthentic narrations in the book 'Hisnul Muslim' however Im yet to come across a checking for this book. Does one exsist in the English language? or better still is there another book that contains authentic Narrations and Adkaar that could be reffered to?

More
9 years 7 months ago #1385 by Nadeem
Replied by Nadeem on topic Re:Free yourself from the Hellfire 25% ??
As'salmualikum brother!

I wanted to know about this phrase which most people here in in Kashmir say on hearing aa'dhaan(call to prayer),
"Jal'la Sha'na'huu Jal'la Zik'ra'huu".

[with addition to dua & salat on prophet(sallahu'alihi'wasal'lam)on hearing aa'dhaan]

Is the phrase: "Jal'la Sha'na'huu Jal'la Zik'ra'huu" established or is it ok to say!

Jazakallahu'khayr!

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #1386 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Re:Free yourself from the Hellfire 25% ??
wa alaykumus-salāmu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Shyma: I don't know of anything in English other than the series I started some years ago (and never finished). Its here: www.salafitalk.net/st//viewmessages.cfm?Forum=10&Topic=10738

Its originally found on bakkah.net which is down right now.

Nadeem: I don't know of any grounds for that, specifically for the athaan. The burden of proof lies upon the claimant in cases of worship. If you locate a some kind of reference for it, I might be able to follow it up in shaa' Allaah.

In the future, you can begin a new thread for a question off the topic of the current thread. May Allaah bless you.

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds