Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Important Discussion about Class Recordings

More
9 years 6 months ago #1469 by ummelias_1
Replied by ummelias_1 on topic Re:Important Discussion about Class Recordings
as salāmu alaikum

I rely on the recordings to benefit from hearing the lesson again taking notes and for memory of the material I listen to the recording over and over every week to keep the material fresh Inshallah you will keep the recordings it will be a great loss without them

ummelias malikah

Umm Elias Malikah As Salafiyyah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• troid.ca admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #1472 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Re: Important Discussion about Class Recordings
troid.ca admin wrote:

Shyma Asghar wrote:

Personally, I've only used to recordings for when i'm unable to attend a lesson- so I can catch up in time for the next class.
Please continue to record the lessons. It also benefits those students who may not have heard about the classes yet, so when they join, they have the material availble for them to review.
Maybe make the recording available to those who request it if they give a valid reason e.g absence or illness. That way everyone who attends will be more attentive inshaa'Allaah.

Very good, however I think Abūl-'Abbās is referring to using a recorder whilst being present in the class and refraining from diligently taking notes. For those of us who existed before personal cassette recorders, this is standard practise (writing notes) but in the modern era, the mp3 recorder is the best thing since sliced bread. I have notes from lessons, and months later, I can recall many points or the odd proof, as for audios that I have just listened to, I would need to listen to them three or four times to get the benefit of one sitting with notes.

It seems people understood from it that we were considering stopping recordings and publishing MP3s which was never considered and not the base of the discussion. Please read 'Abūl-'Abbās' opening post carefully.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by moosaa.richardson.

More
9 years 6 months ago #1517 by Oum Zayd
Replied by Oum Zayd on topic Re:Important Discussion about Class Recordings
Assallaamu "alaykum warahmatuLaah

I've really benefitted, as I couldn't attend the classes from the beginning, but elhemduLilaah because of the recordings I'll be able to catch up with the class inshaa Allaah.

But tbh because I knew the recordings would be available, so I got a little lazy starting with the classes. Because I knew I could listen to it any time.

wAllaahu-l-musta'aan

Wassallaamu 'alaykum warahmatuLaah

Oum Zayd

More
9 years 5 months ago #1533 by ummelias_1
Replied by ummelias_1 on topic Re:Important Discussion about Class Recordings
as salāmu alaikum Bro Mūsá

I listen to every class several times during the week to make sure I am learning and understand the class. without the recordings I feel that I honestly would learn and remember a lot less. The recordings are a major benefit for me and it makes learning accessible during time when I have more time to review. Inshallah I hope your not planing to stop recording the classes, that would be a hardship for me. I am really thankful for the time and effort you put into teaching this class may Allah reward you for your work and we all continue to benefit and learn tawḥīd correctly. Ameen

Barakaallahu feekum ummelias

Umm Elias Malikah As Salafiyyah

More
9 years 5 months ago #1543 by akramabdus
Replied by akramabdus on topic Re:Important Discussion about Class Recordings
Assalamu alaikum,

Jazakallaahu Khairan,

It is the Recording and Transcribing made us to listen to the lectures and catch up the missed lessons. The class was (at times) at 1.30 A.M, which was difficult for a student from india, Sri lanka, pakistan and Asian countries at that time and wake up for Fajr.

so please continue recording and Transcribe the materials, Mashallah, it is very beneficial.

Jazakallahu Khair

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

RT @GtownMasjid: Similarly, the Prophet sternly condemned this act of Shirk; in opposition to the approach of these politically orientated…

troid.org troid.org