Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon ? About Relics of Prophet(sallahualihiwasallam)

• Nadeem
  • Nadeem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1436 by Nadeem
Asalamualikum warahmatullah!

Brother "Moosa", could you provide any information regarding following:

1. What is the significance of relics of prophet(sallahu'alihi'wasal'lam), i.e: His(sallhu'alihiwasal'lam)'s physical remains:
a)Hairs.
b)Clothes.

BECOZ BROTHER MANY PEOPLE HERE CLAIM TO HAVE A HAIR OF PROPHET(sallahu'alihi'wasal'lam) and they show it to gatherings of people, claiming IT will bless them.

Jazak'allhu'khayr!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #1439 by h_elsharif
wa alaykumussalām wa rahmatullaah

I found this article on Salafi Publications that may help with your question:

The Understanding of Tabarruk with Ahl us-Sunnah
Author: Salih bin `Abdul-`Aziz bin Muhammad Aal ash-Shaikh
Source: Hadhihi Mafahimuna (Eng trans. and additions by Abū Iyad)

www.spubs.com/sps/sp.cfm?subsecID=TAW04&...D=TAW040001&pfriend=

in the article there is this quote:

This type of barakah of the physical essence was cut off after the death of the Messenger (ṣallallāhu alayhi wasallam) except what remains of his physical essence after his death (eg. Hair). However, the certainty that something remains today and the truthfulness of that has diminished after the passing of time. Anyone making the claim has to provide isnaad to show that something is from the Messenger (ṣallallāhu alayhi wasallam) since many make that claim.

• Nadeem
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1442 by Nadeem
Asalamualikum!

Brother Husayn El Sharif! for your help, Jazak'allahu'khayr!

KEEP HELPING BROTHERS, NOT EASY TO FIND SOMETHING AUTHENTIC/RELIABLE IN THESE DAYS.

• Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1444 by Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani
Replied by Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani on topic Re:? About Relics of Prophet(sallahualihiwasallam)
Bismillaahirrahmaanirraheem

AsSalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu

Firstly: Although it seems that the companions would seek blessings from the Prophets' hair, saliva, and clothing:

alifta.net/Fatawa/FatawaChapters.aspx?Vi...22&PageNo=1&BookID=8

alifta.net/Fatawa/FatawaChapters.aspx?Vi...23&PageNo=1&BookID=8

the above post makes a very important point. How can they be sure that what they have is really the hair of the Prophet? What is their daleel? Where is their isnaad?

The people who make this claim are often callers to grave worship, and other Soofee innovations involving shirk, so I would be very doubtful about the truthfulness of their claims.

Secondly: if it is the hair of the Prophet that they have with them, then how do they seek blessings from it? Do they do it in the manner that the companions would?

This brings to mind a memorable experience from when I was young. I had been visiting relatives in Srinagar and it was apparently " a Holy Day" or 'Badaa din' in Hazratbal. The streets were jam-packed with people flocking towards the Shrine for the ceremony of displaying the Prophet's hair. It was hardly possible to move. After some waiting, finally a frail man with a very large turban and gown appeared in one of the minarets. Everyone watched and waited. Then with a solemn expression on his face, he thrust his hand in the air and displayed a silver case (presumably with the hair inside) and at that point the people went crazy! Everyone raised their hands in the direction of the minaret, crying 'Ya Rasoolallaah', pleading and begging for help from the Prophet ṣallallāhualaihiwasallam, for all kinds of wordly needs. If I remember rightly, someone near me was asking that her brother be blessed with a child! I remember finding the whole thing so strange, and that was before I really knew anything about Tawḥīd. They were praying to the Prophets' Hair??

I came across this familiar scene on the BBC News Website with the following caption:

'Kashmiri Muslims in Srinagar, India, pray as they are shown what they believe is a hair from the beard of the Prophet Muhammad'. [See attachment]

I know they make the excuse that they are seeking blessings from it, but in reality this practice leads them to nothing less than Shirk Akbar. Wallaahul Musta'aan.

Even if they don't supplicate to it, then is it possible for them to derive blessings from it whilst it is encased in silver and kept carefully locked away, until the special day when it is dramatically displayed from the minaret? Was this the practice of the companions??

What a blessing from Allaah that He has guided us to the study of Tawḥīd and facilitated it for us. Alhamdulillaah.

May Allaah make things easy for you in that land and and plant your feet firmly upon the Sunnah and aid you in calling those around you to it. Ameen.

• Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1445 by Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani
Replied by Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani on topic Re:? About Relics of Prophet(sallahualihiwasallam)
Bismillaahirrahmaanirraheem

AsSalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu

Firstly: Although it seems that the companions would seek blessings from the Prophets' hair, saliva, and clothing:

alifta.net/Fatawa/FatawaChapters.aspx?Vi...22&PageNo=1&BookID=8

alifta.net/Fatawa/FatawaChapters.aspx?Vi...23&PageNo=1&BookID=8

the above post makes a very important point. How can they be sure that what they have is really the hair of the Prophet? What is their daleel? Where is their isnaad?

The people who make this claim are often callers to grave worship, and other Soofee innovations involving shirk, so I would be very doubtful about the truthfulness of their claims.

Secondly: if it is the hair of the Prophet that they have with them, then how do they seek blessings from it? Do they do it in the manner that the companions would?

This brings to mind a memorable experience from when I was young. I had been visiting relatives in Srinagar and it was apparently " a Holy Day" or 'Badaa din' in Hazratbal. The streets were jam-packed with people flocking towards the Shrine for the ceremony of displaying the Prophet's hair. It was hardly possible to move. After some waiting, finally a frail man with a very large turban and gown appeared in one of the minarets. Everyone watched and waited. Then with a solemn expression on his face, he thrust his hand in the air and displayed a silver case (presumably with the hair inside) and at that point the people went crazy! Everyone raised their hands in the direction of the minaret, crying 'Ya Rasoolallaah', pleading and begging for help from the Prophet ṣallallāhualaihiwasallam, for all kinds of wordly needs. If I remember rightly, someone near me was asking that her brother be blessed with a child! I remember finding the whole thing so strange, and that was before I really knew anything about Tawḥīd. They were praying to the Prophets' Hair??

I came across this familiar scene on the BBC News Website with the following caption:

'Kashmiri Muslims in Srinagar, India, pray as they are shown what they believe is a hair from the beard of the Prophet Muhammad'. [See attachment]

I know they make the excuse that they are seeking blessings from it, but in reality this practice leads them to nothing less than Shirk Akbar. Wallaahul Musta'aan.

Even if they don't supplicate to it, then is it possible for them to derive blessings from it whilst it is encased in silver and kept carefully locked away, until the special day when it is dramatically displayed from the minaret? Was this the practice of the companions??

What a blessing from Allaah that He has guided us to the study of Tawḥīd and facilitated it for us. Alhamdulillaah.

May Allaah make things easy for you in that land and and plant your feet firmly upon the Sunnah and aid you in calling those around you to it. Ameen.

• Nadeem
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1449 by Nadeem
Walikums'salam Warah'matullahi' Wabara'katahu!

Jazak'allhu'khayr Sister Maria!

The practices of SHIRK continue here, in kashmir, with addition of Dargah/Graves of Saints in every 1-3 Kilometer.

And on other hand those calling themselves "Muwahideen"(monotheists) here,are away from Manhaj & Aqīdah Of Salaf.

May ALLAH keep all firm upon HIS deen!

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

RT @GtownMasjid: Similarly, the Prophet sternly condemned this act of Shirk; in opposition to the approach of these politically orientated…

troid.org troid.org