Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon class #18 follow-up: repent for not repenting [?]

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #1559 by moosaa.richardson
class #18 follow-up: repent for not repenting [?] was created by moosaa.richardson

Asalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh Abūl Abaas

In today's kitaab tawḥīd class you mentioned from a question that was asked about the person delaying making tawbah, that he/she should make tawbah for the sin they comited and tawbah for not making tawbah. I want to understand how it is done, and what i do understand is the person did delay it.. I want to know how it is to be corrected .

I was typing when the Q & A ended, but id did type asking if it is something established in the sunnah,"that delaying tawbah requires a tawbah by itself".

Jazak Allaahu khairan

wa alaykumus-salāmu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

In Sūrah al-Hujuraat, v.11, Allaah says (what means): "...And those who do not repent (make towbah) are thaalimoon (oppressors)."

Ash-Showkaanee said: For withholding their repentance.

And Allaah knows best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• moosaa.richardson
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #1567 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Re:class #18 follow-up: repent for not repenting [?]

...Whenever someone delays it (repentance), he has committed (another) sin by delaying it. In this case, when he repents from the sin (itself), another act of repentance remains a duty upon him - that he must repent for delaying his repentance...

- Ibn al-Qayyim in Kitaab at-Towbah (p.101, Daar al-Andulus printing, 1410)

Refer to:
www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=11&Topic=12335
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by moosaa.richardson.

• moosaa.richardson
More
9 years 5 months ago #1592 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Re:class #18 follow-up: repent for not repenting [?]
NOTE:The quote from Ibn al-Qayyim is actually from Madaarij as-Saalikeen, the section on Towbah. The book called "at-Towbah" attributed to Ibn al-Qayyim was extracted from Madaarij as-Saalikeen, and it is not a seperate book with that name.

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds