Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Class #18-19 Extension Activities: Al-Istighaathah

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1629 by moosaa.richardson
Class #18-19 Extension Activities: Al-Istighaathah was created by moosaa.richardson
Intermediate Students:

Compile a list of all Qur'aanic verses that use the word "isti'aanah" or "istighaathah", or their derivatives. Make observations on the verses collected and try to classify them into groups with connections in their meanings.

You should use a book like "al-Mu'jam al-Mufahras li-Alfaath al-Qur'aan" or a Qur'aan software that allows you to search by sarf root.

Advanced Students:

Compile a list similar to the above, but include ḥadīths from the six books as well. Make observations as well, and classify them into occasions when the verb (like Nasta'een, for example) has a maf'ool bihi and when it doesn't.

You should use a book like al-Mu'jam al-Mufahras li-Alfaath al-Ḥadīth an-Nabawee, or a database that allows you to search by sarf root (like al-Kutub at-Tis'ah by al-Harf Software, formerly: as-Sakhr).

Serious students should become familiar with the two mentioned indexes and use them often.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1630 by abu ibraheem
Replied by abu ibraheem on topic Class #18-19 Extension Activities: Al-Istighaathah
Here is the link to download the book

المعجم فهرسًا للتراكيب المتشابهة لفظًا في القرآن الكريم

www.al-mishkat.com/mujam/

• umm abdulkareem
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #1636 by umm abdulkareem
Replied by umm abdulkareem on topic Class #18-19 Extension Activities: Al-Istighaathah
Asalāmu alaykum

Where would one be able to get hold of these, al-Mu'jam al-Mufahras li-Alfaath al-Qur'aan" or a Qur'aan software that allows you to search by sarf root,and al-Mu'jam al-Mufahras li-Alfaath al-Ḥadīth an-Nabawee.
Are they available from any of the bookstores we know in the west?
Baarakallaahu feek

More
8 years 11 months ago #1642 by dksadiq
[To the moderator: I wasn't sure whether to post these links due to the reasons mentioned below. Please post or delete - as you see fit. baarakAllaahu feek.]

wa 'alaikumussalām wa rahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh,

JazaakAllaahu khayraa for this Ustaadh. May Allaah bless you!

I found these two sites but they are not free from issues (untrustworthy translations of the meanings of the Qur'aan, and other resources one can't really trust) but the search by roots seems to work OK. wAllaahu 'alam.

- alquran.eu/ (choose "Roots" in the search column on the right - this seems to be more comprehensive than the next.)

- www.openburhan.com/

But I was also thinking, is there a draw back to using such online resources as compared to searching in books (such as those you mentioned). Perhaps, they may make one lazy or they may have some errors?

More
8 years 11 months ago #1644 by dksadiq
assalāmu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

By the help of Allaah, here's what I was able to compile using one of the websites mentioned above. (It's attached.]

Question: Is the origin of the word: "istighaathah" related to seeking water/rain?

Also, regarding the last group (in the attachment), they came up as part of the search results – and do have similar roots - but seem to have completely different meanings. So I'm not sure if they count or not.

jazaakAllaahu khayraa,
Saadiq.

ps: By the way, I just came across this - interesting:

Texas Governor Declares Weekend of Prayer for Rain

With Texas in the throes of a terrible drought and wildfires raging across the state, Gov. Rick Perry designated April 22 to April 24 (the Easter weekend) as official days of prayer for rain.

Perhaps, they are taking a cue from Saudi? If only they prayed to Allah and not to Eesaa 'alaihissalām!

More
8 years 11 months ago #1645 by dksadiq
wa 'alaikumussalām

More Links:
al-Mu'jam al-Mufahras li-Alfaath al-Qur'aan (Online)
www.qurancomplex.org/IdIndex/default.asp?l=arb

al-Kutub at-Tis'ah by al-Harf Software, formerly: as-Sakhr
www.eislamicsoftware.com/hadith.htm
(found other links but this seems to be the most current, Allaahu 'alam)
Perhaps, brothers in the US/Canada could call the company to confirm.

• moosaa.richardson
More
8 years 11 months ago #1646 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Class #18-19 Extension Activities: Al-Istighaathah
Jazaak Allaahu khayran akhee Sadiq.

I would also like to thank our brothers and sisters who posted links to sites that offer copied books and software for free (for their intentions). However, due to the Islāmic legitmacy of copyrights, we will not allow these links and we will instead encourage you to purchase books and software to preserve the people's rights and cooperate upon righteousness and piety.

About copyrights: www.bakkah.net/interactive/q&a/aamb080-c...lectual-property.htm

There are many sites on the net that copy books and software illegally and distribute them for free. Some of them are run by Muslims who claim that they only want to spread Islām. We could remind them that they can spread Islām by honoring their brothers' rights and supporting their efforts, instead of taking them without right.

If they say that there are scholars who have issued fatwaas against copyrights, and that Islām does not condone copyrights...[!] Then the answer would be: then if this is what you worship Allaah upon, then apply it to your own property, and not the property of your brothers whom you have chosen to harm by choosing this fatwaa! In affairs of (real legitimate) scholarly differing, you may not force others to adopt your position, which is what you are doing when you take their copywritten property and copy it and spread it (for profit or for free) against their wishes.

And as a personal observation, I have noticed over the years that students who disregard copyrights of Islāmic books and software generally do not find any real barakah (blessing) or fruits to their time studying. And Allaah knows best.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1647 by dksadiq
Wa iyyaak akhee.

I forgot to attach the file. It's attached here.

File Attachment:

File Name: al_Isti__a...thah.doc
File Size:37 KB
Attachments:

• moosaa.richardson
More
8 years 11 months ago #1648 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Class #18-19 Extension Activities: Al-Istighaathah
Baarak Allaahu feek akhee Sadiq.

Remove the (written) hamzahs from both arabic words in the two main titles

and fix the spelling of alistighaathah (in Arabic)

and regarding the last two... dont use the first one, but check to see if there is a basis for Yaghooth being someone whose help was sought in times of dire need.

and it seems you used the same aayah from soorah al-kahf twice. did you notice that it has two words in it from the intended root?

i hope you found some benefit in your research, may Allaah bless you.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1652 by Karima238
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuh,

Quetion: Is there any sin on the one who refers to these illegally copied books on the net, and reads them?

And what about a person who skims through these copied books on the net in order to determine if they want to purchase the book or not (i.e. skim through the topics to see if it is what he/she is looking for)?

JazakaAllahu Khair!

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

RT @GtownMasjid: 📣 NEW Weekly Class 📖 The Disease and the Cure Imam Ibn al-Qayyim With commentary of Allamah Fawzan and others 📅 Start…

troid.org troid.org

RT @hikmahpubs: Introduction of Shaykh Al-‘Allamah Salih al-Fawzan for the book: “The Sickness and the Cure” Imam Ibn al-Qayyim The Cor…

troid.org troid.org