• ummsufyaan
  • ummsufyaan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Maʿrūf Boarder
  • Maʿrūf Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1789 by ummsufyaan
Fear of Shirk was created by ummsufyaan
~ A profound benefit.
In the Name of Allaah, the Extremely Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy...

Allaah the Almighty says:

Verily Allaah forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners in worship with Him, but He forgives whom He wills, sins other than that. [4:116]

[/b]

Ibrāhīm invoked Him saying:

Keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols. [14:35]

[/b]

When Ibrāhīm was supplicating to Allaah, one of the things he asked for was that he and his children be granted distance from the act of worshiping idols. He asked Allaah to protect him and his children from worshiping idols while he was the one who smashed the idols with the firmness upon Tawheed that he had.

In Sūrah Maryam, Ibrāhīm called his father to Tawheed saying:

O my father! Verily, there has come to me of the knowledge that which came not unto you. So follow me, I will guide you to the Straight Path. O my father! Worship not Shaytaan (Satan). Verily, Shaytaan has been a rebel against the Most Gracious (Allaah). O my father! Verily, I fear lest a torment from the Most Gracious (Allaah) should overtake you, so that you become a companion of Shaytaan (in the Hell-Fire). [19:43-45]

Allaah (`Azza wa Jall) has praised him with special praises: being Haneef (pure in his monotheism) and being free from ever having made shirk.

Along with that, here he is saying:

(O Allaah!) Keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols. [14:35]

[/b]

This clearly shows you that he was concerned and afraid of worshiping idols. He was afraid of committing shirk with Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) along with the strength of his Tawheed, the strength of his conviction, his sincerity, his certainty and his knowledge of Allaah (`Azza wa Jall). This did not lead him to feel safe from being misguided, being tricked by the Shaytaan or being led astray. Rather, he knew that only Allaah (ta`aala) could protect him and only Allaah could keep him from shirk and every other thing would lead to his destruction and demise.

Lesson Drawn from the Verse:
٣ – الخوفُ مِنَ الشركِ، فإنَّ إبراهيمَ عليه السلامُ – وهو إمامُ الحنفاءِ والذي كسَّرَ الأَ صنامَ بيدِهِ – خَافَهُ على نفسِهِ فكيفَ بِمَنْ دونِهِ.

It shows we should (truly) be afraid of the reality of shirk since Ibraheem (`alayhis-salām) was the Imām of the monotheists and he demolished idols during his time, yet still feared falling into shirk .

If the Imām of the monotheists, Ibraheem (`alayhis-salām), feared shirk for his own being, should we not be moreso afraid for ours?

(O Allaah!) Keep me and my sons away from worshiping idols. [14:35]

[/b]

Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaahu ta`aala) commented: WHO can be safe from trials after that?(1)

Ibn Katheer said: Based on this, EVERY caller to the religion should make du`aa for the safety of his own-self, the safety of his religion, and for the religion of his father or his parents, and that of his children in lineage and offspring.(2)

(1) Collected by Ibn Abee Haatim in his Tafsīr.

(2) Source: Class 07: Explanation of Kitaab at-Tawheed by Ustaadh Mūsá Richardson based on the commentary of Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzān (hafidahullaahu ta’aala)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by ummsufyaan. Reason: slight corrections made

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Madeehah Ahmad
  • Maʿrūf Boarder
  • Maʿrūf Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #1803 by Madeehah Ahmad
Replied by Madeehah Ahmad on topic Re: Fear of Shirk
Shaykh Ṣāliḥ al-Fowzaan hafizahullaah said in his explanation of Sharḥus-Sunnah:

His saying ‘so we ask Him for success in attaining that which He loves and is pleased with’ - a person should ask Allaah for firmness even though he knows the truth and acts upon it and holds it as his belief, then still he should not feel secure that he will not deviate or be put to trial, such that trials and tribulations come to him and overcome him so that he strays away from the path of Allaah, and therefore, he sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam said:
يَا مُقَلِّبَ القُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِيْنِكَ
Ya Muqallib al-quloob thabbit qalbee `alaa deenik1
O Turner of the hearts, make my heart firm upon your religion

And al-Khaleel (His especially beloved one - the Prophet Ibrāhīm, the one described as the father of the Prophets) alayhis-ṣalātu wassalām said in his supplication:
And keep me and my sons far removed from worshipping the idols. O my Lord they have caused the misguidance of many of the people.
(Sūrah Ibrāhīm (14), aayahs 35 and 36)

He feared for himself and likewise the stronger a person’s īmān in Allaah is then the more he will fear and not feel secure with regards to trials and tribulations and he will not commend himself (declare himself pure, good, fine and so forth) rather he will always and continually ask Allaah for firmness and for a fine conclusion to his life and he will fear having an evil conclusion and he will fear trials and tribulations and he will fear deviation and misguidance and the callers to evil.

Ittihaaful-Qaaree bit-Ta`leeqaat `alaa Sharḥis-Sunnah
by Shaykh Ṣāliḥ ibn Fowzaan al-Fowzaan hafizahullaah
Page 53
Translated by Abū Talhah Dāwūd Burbank, raḥimahullāh, on 13th July 2009
The phrases in brackets are from the translator.

Full Transcript
Full Audio

• Madeehah Ahmad
  • Maʿrūf Boarder
  • Maʿrūf Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #1821 by Madeehah Ahmad
The reference for the du`aa mentioned in the above excerpt:

يَا مُقَلِّبَ القُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِيْنِكَ
Ya Muqallib al-quloob thabbit qalbee `alaa deenik
O Turner of the hearts, make my heart firm upon your religion

Reported by Imām Aḥmad (in al-Musnad) and Ibn Maajah in his Sunan and an-Nasaa~ee in his as-Sunan al-Kubraa and Ibn Hibaan in his Ṣaḥīh and al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, and he declared it authentic to the standard of Muslim and ath-Thahabee agreed. And al-Busayree said in Misbaahuz-Zujaajah (his checking of Ibn Maajah), “Its chain of narration is ṣaḥīḥ.”

Translator’s side point Shaykh al-Albānī raḥimahullāh likewise declared this ḥadīth ṣaḥīḥ.

Translated by Abū Talhah Dāwūd Burbank raḥimahullāh

• Madeehah Ahmad
  • Maʿrūf Boarder
  • Maʿrūf Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #1862 by Madeehah Ahmad
Please click here to listen to the audio clip from the explanation of Sharḥus-Sunnah.

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

RT @BakkahPubs: Those of you who love the classes & educational activities at @1MMPGH should REALLY enjoy this very unique & revealing arti…

troid.org troid.org

RT @musashaleem: Shaykh Rabīʿ al-Madkhalī (حفظه الله) said: “The Sunnah has become peculiar.” رسائل علماء السنة إلى شباب الأمة 91

troid.org troid.org