Help Us Print: Flyer Drive
We wish to disseminate the catalogue of Salafī Publications pamphlets in N. America. Our noble and generous brothers at Salafī Publications have granted us access to their array of daʿwah flyers, of which we hope to customise for Canada and the United States (Letter and Legal size paper/design).
We wish to print 22 pamphlets, 10,000 of each, customised for Canada. That’s 220,000 flyers!! The flyers are full-colour, trifold and will have personalised contact info for Canada and the US. They will be distributed in Canada by TROID (Toronto).
Brand New Flyers!!
Dating back to the 1990's, TROID has always had an emphasis on 'street daʿwah,' the most basic way of calling to Allāh, stopping and talking to people and dsitributing information and knowledge. As this project of daʿwah (to the non-Muslims) grew, it became part of the islām.ca group of projects - all aimed at spreading Islām to the non-Muslim audience. Currently we are seeking to take our pamphlets to the next level, re-inventing them in a manner which is most suitable and most inspiring to the non-Muslim reader, there are six in the 'Islamic Information Series':
- Common Misconceptions about God (First to be printed in shaa' Allāh)
- 7 'Fundamental' Questions about Islām
- Muḥammad: A Witness, Bearer of Glad Tidings and a Warner
- Misconceptions: Islām is only for Arabs, Do Muslims Worship Muhamamd? Does Islām Degrade Women?
- Women in Islām
- Uprooting the Forces of Evil: Islām's War on Terror
By the permission of Allāh, the Most Merciful, then your kind support - we hope to transform each one of the 6 pamphlets into new, exciting, presentable flyers of the higest quality and presentation. These flyers would be distributed throughout Canada and possibly provide a blueprint for other Islamic organisations in the Western World to re-distribute accordingly. There is a tremendous amount of blessing and reward in aiding such a project and Allāh is Most Kind.
Comparision of old flyer (out of circulation) and proposed new ones:
What is needed?
1. Flyer Design and 10,000 copies, professionaly press-printed and folded (high gloss) $1200 -DONE-
2. Coordination with other centres or indviduals in Canada to expand national distribution (pending)
3. Abīlity for other organisations in USA, UK etc. to adapt flyer for localised use [without compromsing content/design] (pending)
4. Place on www.islām.ca (new design coming 2013 in shaa' Allāh) for digital distribution.
For those who would like to assist the first in the series of six pamphlets:
- Send a cheque payable to: The Reign of Islamic Daʿwah (874-A Weston Rd. Toronto, ON. Canada M6N 3R6 - attn. pamphlet drive)
- Make a donation in person at the Masjid and Islamic Daʿwah Centre (TROID)
We hope that the coordination of this project will pave the way for local, regional and international distrbution of a series of useful pamphlets for non-Muslims. We hope to print 1-a-month till its completion. The initial need is only $1200 to print 10,000 or 11 cents a flter (despite its super-high quality). Aiding this project also aids the coordination of its usage across the world in shaa' Allāh to the benefits are tremendous. We hope to display/announce our second flyer in December, pending the sucess of this one - we ask Allāh to faciliate it amīn.
Besides providing introductory Islamic classes for our new Muslims, we maintain a database of all people who accept Islām through the centre. All new Muslims are contacted periodically to see how they are progressing in their Religion and to address any concerns or questions they may have. They are reminded about our classes, invited to the centre and provided with reading material essential to their development as Muslims.
Periodically, we assist established prison programmes with daʿwah materials. We also visit inmates in need of help. In the 1990s, this was one of our more active projects. See iap.troid.ca for full details on our prison daʿwah work.
We visit high schools and universities weekly to deliver Friday khuṭbahs. We also assist with lectures to Muslim and non Muslim youths during Islamic awareness weeks. Lectures have been organised at York University, University of Buffalo, Queen's University (N. Ireland) and other locations. This project has been most effective since most of the volunteers at the daʿwah centre are themselves young or new Muslims. The ability to connect with the youth, the future of our Muslim society has been pivotal.
Our first project established in the early nineties, the founding project that paved the path to a daʿwah centre continues to this day.