Blood on the Streets of Woolwich: Demystifying the False Claims of the Terrorists
In light of the recent atrocities surrounding the Woolwich murder (London, UK), Abū Khadījah addresses the congregation at Masjid al-Furqān (TROID) in Toronto, Canada, explaining the false motives of Adebolajo and those who instilled his methodology (al-Khawārij).
From the points discussed:
- What was the purpose of Allāh sending the Prophets and Messengers?
- The Woolwich Murderer: A call to blood, murder and oppression - not the call of the Prophets and Messengers
- They (Khawārij) claim: "This is the Law of Allāh." Rather, it is the law of their (evil) desires!
- Whose right is it to establish law and punishment? Every person himself or the Ruler and Government?
- The false claim: this is vengeance/revenge/retribution (random killings, terrorism, bomibngs etc.)
- The interpolation of verses of the Qurʾān addressing the Muslim rulers, instead applying them to anyone in society
- The Messenger of Allāh (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) called the Khawārij (renegades) "Dogs of the Hellfire" and threatened to slaughter them.
- The Khawārij dishonour Muḥammad (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) and bring harm to the Muslims. They harm Islamic Daʿwah rather than aid it. They are destructive.
- The Messenger of Allāh (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) is free from them (Khawārij) despite their claim of attachment to him!
- The false claim: We are forbidding an evil (by killing a solider/combatant).
- The Khawārij are distant from the methodology of the Salaf and the great Imāms of the past.
- Rulings are for the scholars, the judges, and the custodianship of the ruler; not for you (O Kharajī)!
- The false claim: We will establish the rule/punishment because no one else (including the rulers) is doing it. Their appeal to anarchism.
- They (Khawārij) don't read the books of the Salaf, if they did, they would be far from rebelling against the Muslim ruler (righteous or tyrannical).
- The Khawārij break treaties of peace and security between Muslim nations and non-Muslim nations.
In addition to answering some of the false understandings that corrupted the likes of Adebolajo, it is important for Muslims to understand the roots of the thelogogical basis of the Khawārij in our times. Who is it that influenced Adebolajo? What were they saying? This is a strong reminder for the importance of refutation and refuting anything that opposes the Book and the Sunnah. The website islamagainstextremism.com has published an important article entitled: The Extremist Takfiris and Jihadis Who Influenced Michael Adebolajo in the Woolwich Killing in which the blueprint for the bloodshed that took place in London is laid out.