In Pursuit of Happiness
A khuṭbah (sermon) delivered on a topic that has spawned countless books, philosophies, groups, fraternaties, organisations and movements - yet whether rich or poor, famous or not, the path to happiness is available to all, if we only look for it properly!
Say (O Muḥammad, ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam): "O my people! Work according to your way, surely, I too am working (in my way), and you will come to know for which of us will be the (happy) end in the Hereafter. Certainly the Ẓālimūn (polytheists and wrongdoers, etc.) will not be successful."[Sūrah-Anʿām, 6:135]
So if they believe in the like of that which you believe, then they are rightly guided, but if they turn away, then they are only in opposition. So Allāh will suffice you against them. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.
[Sūrah al-Baqarah, 2:137]
1. Al-Īmān (Belief in Allāh)
2. Implementing the Book of Allāh and the Sunnah of the Prophet (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam)
3. Implementing the Qurʾān and Sunnah Imitating the Rightly-Guided Ṣaḥābah (Companions)
4. Al-dhikr - Remembering Allāh from the Beginning of the Day till the End of the Day.
5. Al-ṣabr (Patience)
6. al-Tawbah (Repentance)
7. Al-Ṣalawāt (Prayers)
8. The Correct Belief in al-Qadr wal-Qadā (Pre-Ordainment, the Good and Bad of It)
9. Al-Qurʾān - Reciting the Qurʾān, Relfectiing upon it and Remembering Allāh Often