Skip to main content
Jun 11, 2007

From the Salaf to the Khalaf

TROID · From the Salaf to the Khalaf – Abū Khadījah

Jun 11, 2007

The Sacred Salafī Methodology

​ We say therefore, that there is no guarantee for the Muslims against falling into contraḍīctions of the Qurʾān and the Sunnah, except to return to the methodology of the venerable Salaf. We sincerely believe that among the reasons for the present state of the Muslims is their differences in the interpretation of the texts from the Qurʾān and the Sunnah, due to their dependence upon other than what we call the Salafī method. Imām Muḥammad Nāṣir al-Dīn al-Albānī (raḥimahullāh) View/Download | 20 pages Translated by Maaz Qureshi

Jun 11, 2007

Advice to the Salafis of the West Concerning Jarḥ wa-al-Taʿdīl (Disparagement and Praise)

Amongst the pivotal points discussed: Jarḥ wa-al-taʿdīl, is it reserved for the ʿulamāʾ? What to do when faced with a jarḥ and a taʿdīl of the same individual The conditions and benefits of jarḥ wa-al-taʿdīl The talk is followed by questions and answers.

Jun 11, 2007

Clinging to the Dīn in Times of Fitnah

It has been narrated on the authority of Hudhayfah Ibn al-Yaman who said: People used to ask the Messenger of Allāh (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) about the good times, but I used to ask him about bad times fearing lest they overtake me. I said: Messenger of Allāh, we were in the midst of ignorance and evil, and then Allāh brought us this good (time through Islām). Is there any bad time after this good one? He said: Yes. I asked: Will there be a good time again after that bad time? He said: Yes, but therein will be a hidden evil. I asked: What will be the evil hidden therein? He said: (T…

Jun 11, 2007

A Noble Advice Concerning Clinging to the Manhaj of the Salaf

A short admonition on the importance of clinging to the correct manhaj. An exemplification of why this noble Salafī manhaj is the only way that will bring rectification and success to the ummah. The questions which follow underline the evils of Abū al-Fitan and his similitude to the methodology of Sayyid Qutb, the destruction of the manhaj of al-muwaazināʾt (counterbalancing the good and bad points of a person), and the mistake of carrying the mujmal upon the mufassal (the general over the specific), destruction upon the manhaj of salaf. States The Imām of Jarḥ wa-al-Taʿdīl, “The Correc…

Jun 11, 2007

Holding on to the Salafī Manhaj

Quotes from the lecture: “…And the dīn is complete, we do not need new, additional notes from you or me, groups or parties… Let us stay upon this Salafī manhaj, it is the aided group, the Firqat al-Nājiyah (the saved sect), the Taa`ifatul-Mansūrah (the victorious group), it is Ahl al-Ḥadīth (the people of Ḥadīth). That which Ibn Taymīyyah and the likes were upon and it is what we are upon.” “If it wasn’t for the obstacles that come in its way from the people of kufr and bidʿah, we would see this blessed daʿwah sh…