Skip to main content
Aug 8, 2004
  If he is from ahl al-sunnah, no one is free from errors, so you advise him with good and kind advice, if his mistake has spread then refute his mistake but do not refute him. Shaykh ʿAbdullāh al-Bukhārī View/Download | 2 pages

Jul 28, 2004
The muʾadhin will have the longest neck on Yawm al-Qiyyamah (The Day of Judgement), and the trees and rocks supplicate and bear witness on the day of reckoning for the caller to prayer. Shaykh ʿAbd al-Raḥīm al-Bukhārī[Q1]: In our masjid in Toronto, at the time of ṣalāt, the sisters move from their area to the brother’s area of the muṣallá. They do this in order to see the rows of men. We understand that some of the ‘ulamāʾ are of this opinion. However, they still place barriers between themselves and us (dividers), what is the correct position in this affair? …

Mar 12, 2004
Hence some of the salaf used to say, ‘If a person of innovation were to dye his beard every day, the dye of innovation would remain on his face.’ Al-ʿAllāmah Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 728H)“The person who is righteous and honest, his honesty is manifest from the radiance on his face, and his honesty can be known from the glow that is on his face, likewise the (opposite for the) sinful one and the liar. The older a person gets, the more this sign becomes apparent. Thus a person as a child would have a bright face, however if he becomes a sinful person, adamant on committing sins, at the older stage…

Mar 8, 2004
Stated the noble Imām of Ahl al-Sunnah wa-al-Jamāʿah,Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah: “I have met many mashāyikh and the affair of one was different from the other, and their knowledge capacities were of varying levels. And the one whose company I benefited from the most was the one who used to apply what he knew, even though there were those who were more knowledgeable than him. I met a group from the people of ḥadīth who memorised and knew a lot, however they would permit backbiting under the guise of jarḥ wa-al-taʿdīl (criticism and accreditation), they would take monetary payment in return for…

Feb 29, 2004
  The Messenger of Allāh (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) also said in a ḥadīth collected by Muslim on the authority of Ibn Masʿūd, “Should I not tell you what falsehood is? It is the ‘he said, she said’ [that is carried] between the people.” “When one hears his brother sinning and transgressing by spreading tales and speaking of ‘he said, she said’ amongst the people than let him say to his brother, “The Messenger of Allāh said: “Whoever believes in Allāh and the Last Day then let him say good or remain quiet.” Or at the least one should remove himself from the sittings of ‘he sai…

Feb 21, 2004
All praise is due to Allah, the One who sent His Messenger (ﷺ) with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religions, and Allah is sufficient as a witness. I testify that there is no god but Allāh alone and that He has no partner. And I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger (ﷺ), may Allāh greatly bless him, his family, and his Companions. And as to what follows, Seeking knowledge is a lengthy path that is not possible to embark upon except by abandoning play and amusement and approaching it in a serious manner. This is because Allah th…

Jan 20, 2004
Our noble brother, Abū ʿUways explains the varying types of Jihād; that which is obligatory on every Muslim and that which is obligatory upon the people of a given land. Also, the criterion for Jihād, its conditions and understanding the position of the rulers and the ruled. The lecture contains an inspiring reminder of the widespread ignorance that is commonplace amongst the Muslim ummah, that Muslims from the West to the East are eager to pick up arms and defend the Shīʿah but yet there is no concern for ‘tasfiyah wa tarbiyah’ (purification and education) in the most basic…

Jan 9, 2004
Therefore, advising each other in truth repels shubuhāt (doubts) and recommending patience to each other restrains one from his desires. So by having patience and a sound intellect restrains one from the fitnah of shahawāt (desires), and by possessing a clear vision and certainty (this) repels the fitnah of shubuhāt (doubts) and Allāh’s aid is sought. Imām Ibn al-Qayyim The Fitnah of Shubuhāt (Doubts):1 Fitnah is of two types: the fitnah of shubuhāt (doubts and misunderstandings), this one being the greater fitnah of the two, and the fitnah of shahawāt (desires). It is quite possible that …

Oct 21, 2003
TROID · Preparation for Ramaḍān – ʿAbdullāh al-Bukhārī   إِنَّا أَنزَلْنَاهُ فِي لَيْلَةِ الْقَدْرِ ‎﴿١﴾‏ وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا لَيْلَةُ الْقَدْرِ ‎﴿٢﴾‏ لَيْلَةُ الْقَدْرِ خَيْرٌ مِّنْ أَلْفِ شَهْرٍ ‎﴿٣﴾‏ تَنَزَّلُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ وَالرُّوحُ فِيهَا بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهِم مِّن كُلِّ أَمْرٍ ‎﴿٤﴾‏ سَلَامٌ هِيَ حَتَّىٰ مَطْلَعِ الْفَجْرِ ‎﴿٥﴾‏ “Verily! We have sent it (this Qurʾān) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree). And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is?  The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i…