- Nations and people in history that were destroyed by sins (Iblīs, Firʿawn, the people of ‘Aad, Thamud, Banu Isrāʿīl, etc.)
- The importance of seeking refuge in Allāh from opposing His command and committing something He has prohibited us from
- Sins destroy and they do not discriminate between colour, race, tall, young, old, etc.
- Refuting the false belief that sins only destroy individuals, rather it destroys nations
- Even if the righteous people are among the sinners they have the danger of being afflicted with the same punishment
- Concerning those people who do not stop the sinners around them
- Happiness is in Salafīyyah
- Do not look to how small sin is whether it is minor or major but look to the One Who you claim you love, yet you disobey Him
- Various points by Ibn al-Qayyim, rahimuhullah, regarding the effects of sins within a person (deprivation of knowledge, real darkness in the heart, confusion and doubt in the religion, etc.)
- The conditions of repentance
- Why this book ‘The Sickness and the Cure’ was written by Ibn al-Qayyim
The talk concludes with questions and answers.