وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِحَبْلِ اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا وَلَا تَفَرَّقُوا ۚ وَاذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ كُنتُمْ أَعْدَاءً فَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُم بِنِعْمَتِهِ إِخْوَانًا وَكُنتُمْ عَلَىٰ شَفَا حُفْرَةٍ مِّنَ النَّارِ فَأَنقَذَكُم مِّنْهَا ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ آيَاتِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ ﴿١٠٣﴾
And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allāh (i.e. this Qurʾān), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allāh’s Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus, Allāh makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided.
[Sūrah Āl ʿImrān, 3:103]
An empowering khuṭbah delivered at Masjid al-Furqān (TROID), Toronto, Canada [April 6th, 2012] delivered to a full-house of attendees on the topic of unity and disunity. The bounties and barakah of unity, how Allāh guides a people to goodness, and the detriment and harm of plotting, scheming and disunity. An inspiration to be reflective and introspective with regards to one’s intentions, sincerity and not to reject guidance after being guided, not to reject unity after being upon misguidance and disunity, to judge one’s affairs by the Book and the Sunnah not by one’s personal feelings and bias.
From the topics touched on:
- Do not disunite with Ahl al-Sunnah
- Unity is upon the Sunnah, those who are upon the truth, whether he meets them or doesn’t meet them
- Do not leave the people of sunnah after Allāh has made clear to you the truth!
- Do we split with people over personal discord or do we divide based on understanding (of the religion)?
- We love each other for the sake of the sunnah, Salafiyyah, not for other reasons
- Allāh aided you, guided you from misguidance to guidance, do not be neglectful and forgetful of this