The prophet (ﷺ) encouraged us to save ourselves and our families from the fire. Attaining this goal is paramount for every parent, male of female, educating our youth with beneficial knowledge. Learning and understanding the principles of our religion are key towards protecting and cultivating the natural inclination (fitrah) of our young ones, raising them upon taqwá (piety).
- How should we educate our children when there are no Salafī schools? What if there are only government schools?
- Can we send our children to secular schools?
- What is the best way to educate and cultivate children who have already been trapped by the non-Muslim school system?
- What is your opinion on co-education?
- Can we send our boys to a Muslim school that is not upon salafīyyah?
- What is the position in participating in a graduation ceremony?
- What is a type of “beating” for a child who does not pray at the age of 10?
- Can the sisters conduct (ṣalātul) Jamāʿah?
- Can we watch “Islamic movies” like “The Message”?
- Can “Islamic fiction” be used for educational purposes?
- What is the ruling regarding the school choir?
- Is it permissible for a sister to pursue higher education at an all women’s college?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling?
- Is it permissible to make ṣalāh in a child’s room in which there are stuffed dolls?