Jan 26, 2023

Jan 26, 2023

Important Issues When Performing Wuḍūʿ

The Issues: Performing Wuḍūʿ: Making the Intention Performing Wuḍūʿ: Completing the Actions in the Prescribed Order Performing Wuḍūʿ: The Ruling on Continuity in the Steps Performing Wuḍūʿ: The Sunnah of Running One’s Fingers Through the Beard When Performing Wudūʾ Performing Wuḍūʿ: The Period of Time One is Allowed to Wipe Over One’s Socks Performing Wuḍūʿ: The Ruling of Wiping Over Thin Socks and Those with Holes 1. Performing Wūḍūʿ: Making the Intention Imām Muḥammad ibn Ṣāliḥ al-ʿUthaymīn (d. 1421 AH) said: Intention is a prerequisite [when performing wuḍūʾ]. I…

Jan 24, 2023

The Ruling of Facing the Qiblah or Turning One’s Back to It Whilst Answering the Call of Nature

The General Impermissibility of Facing the Qiblah or Turning One’s Back to It When Answering the Call of Nature It is ḥarām [according to the ḥanbalī madh`hab] to face the qiblah or turn one’s back to it [when answering the call of nature]. [The evidence for this] is the ḥadīth narrated by Abū Ayyūb (رضي الله عنه) that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: ‘Do not face the qiblah or turn your backs to it while urinating or defecating. Rather, face the east or the west.’ Abū Ayyūb said: ‘When we came to al-Shām1, we found the lavatories built facing the Kaʿbah. So we used to turn away from them, and ask All…

Jan 24, 2023

The Four Foundations of Evil

Imām Ibn Rajab (d. 795 AH) said: Al-Ḥasan [al-Baṣrī] said: ​ The adoption of four characteristics protect a person from Shayṭān and his entry into the Fire becomes forbidden: The one who is able to exert control over himself in the face of desire, terror, lust, and anger.” [Ibn Rajab comments]: These four (characteristics) are the very foundations of evil in its entirety. Desire As for desire, it is for a soul to incline towards something under the supposition that thing offers the procurement of some benefit. Should a person desire something, this will drive him to seek out the object of …

Jan 24, 2023

The Scholars Are the Awliyāʾ (Allies) of Allāh, Whoever Attacks Them Is Imbecilic

Imām Abd al-Raḥmān ibn Nāṣir al-Saʿdī (d. 1376 AH) mentioned: Some of the pious predecessors said: ​ “If the scholars [of Islām] are not from among the awliyāʾ [close friends and allies] of Allāh, then I do not know who is.” 1 [The speaker of this statement] has spoken the truth, may Allāh have mercy on him. For, truly, close allyship with Allāh the Most High, is proportional to one’s execution of His commands. The people of knowledge have the greatest allotment of this for there exists no one who seeks knowledge to the extent that he becomes a leader [in his chosen field of speciality] ex…

Jan 23, 2023

Is It Permissible to Think Negatively About a Person?

Allāh said: يَا بُنَيَّ لَا تَقْصُصْ رُؤْيَاكَ عَلَىٰ إِخْوَتِكَ فَيَكِيدُوا لَكَ كَيْدًا ۖ “O my son, do not relate your vision to your brothers or they will contrive against you a plan.” [Yūsuf, 12:5] Imām ʿAbd al-Raḥmān ibn Nāṣir al-Saʿdī (d. 1376 AH) comments:  From [among the benefits of the story of Prophet Yūsuf (عليه السلام)] is that it is from the prudence of a slave [of Allāh] that—should he choose to engage in an action—he must thoroughly examine it from all angles, such that he has taken into account all possibilities.  The cautiousness exhibited here [manifests itse…

Jan 23, 2023

The Ṣufī Disbelief and Misguidance of Tablīghī Imams: Reciting Qurʾān to the Dead at Their Graves and Attributing Divine Powers to Them

Shaykh Ḥammūd al-Tuwayjirī (d. 1413 AH) said: [Muhammad Aslam al-Pakistānī] said: Zakariyyā al-Kandahlawī [one of the tablīghī leaders] claimed that Shaykh1 ʿAbd al-Qādir [Rayfūrī] [another tablīghgī leader] used to love hearing him recite the Qurʾān, except that he was not able to do so before dying. Zakariyyā said: ‘So I went to his grave so I could recite for him. This way he could hear me while dead as he was not able to while alive [before passing]. The weather in the district where Shaykh ʿAbd al-Qādir was buried was unbearably hot, but the weather suddenly turned warm; neither cold…

© TROID. All rights reserved.