Skip to main content
Jun 20, 2007

The Hardness of the Heart

The servant is not afflicted with a punishment greater in severity than the hardening of the heart and its being distant from Allāh. The Fire was created to melt the hardened heart, this heart which is the most distant of hearts from Allāh. If the heart becomes hardened the eye becomes dry [and finds no joy or tranquillity]. There are four matters, when the limits are transgressed with regards to them, harden the heart: food, sleep, speech and sexual intercourse. A body afflicted by disease does not derive nourishment from food and water and similarly a diseased heart does not benefit from…

Jun 20, 2007

Patience: Solution for Life’s Sorrows

And know that ṣabr (patient perseverance) is of three kinds: [i] ṣabr whilst (fulfilling) the orders of Allāh, [ii] ṣabr whilst (abandoning and keeping away) from the prohibitions of Allāh, and [iii] ṣabr with the Decree of Allāh with respect to afflictions and difficulties. The Virtues of Patience Imām Aḥmad (d.241H) said, “Allāh has mentioned ṣabr (patient perseverance) in over ninety places in His Book.”2 And there occurs in the authentic ḥadīth, “Sabr (patient perseverance) is light.”3 The Prophet (ﷺ) also said, “No one has been given anything more excellent and more comprehensive tha…

Jun 20, 2007

How Does One Attain Sincerity?

As for renouncing the love of praise and commendation then this is made easy by your knowing that there is no one who can praise you such that it would benefit you, or censure and vilify you such that it would harm you save Allāh alone. Sincerity cannot coexist in a heart that contains the love of praise and commendation and the yearning to possess that which is owned by the people save in the manner that fire and water or a lizard and fish may coexist. If your soul directs you to seek sincerity then first turn your attention towards your yearning and slaughter it with the knife of renunc…

Jun 20, 2007

Sincerity

Allāh the Exalted said [to Shayṭān]: قَالَ فَاخْرُجْ مِنْهَا فَإِنَّكَ رَجِيمٌ ‎﴿٣٤﴾‏ وَإِنَّ عَلَيْكَ اللَّعْنَةَ إِلَىٰ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ ‎﴿٣٥﴾‏ قَالَ رَبِّ فَأَنظِرْنِي إِلَىٰ يَوْمِ يُبْعَثُونَ ‎﴿٣٦﴾‏ قَالَ فَإِنَّكَ مِنَ الْمُنظَرِينَ ‎﴿٣٧﴾‏ إِلَىٰ يَوْمِ الْوَقْتِ الْمَعْلُومِ ‎﴿٣٨﴾‏ قَالَ رَبِّ بِمَا أَغْوَيْتَنِي لَأُزَيِّنَنَّ لَهُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَأُغْوِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْمَعِينَ ‎﴿٣٩﴾‏ إِلَّا عِبَادَكَ مِنْهُمُ الْمُخْلَصِينَ ‎﴿٤٠﴾ Then get out from here, for verily you are accursed, rejected. And verily, upon you is the curse till the Day of Judgement. He said: O my Lord grant me re…

Jun 20, 2007

The Khuṭbah of ʿUmar ibn ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz

I swear by Allāh that had I wanted something else, namely, affluence, then it would have been easy for me to utter the word, aware as I am of the means for obtaining this. Alhamdulillāh was ṣalātu was salāmu ʿalá nabiyyinā wa habīibnā muhammad According to ʿAbdullāh ibn Bakr ibn Habīb al-Sahmī: We were told by a man in the mosque of al-Junābidh that ʿUmar ibn ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz delivered a sermon to the people in Khunāsirah in which he said: O people, you were not created in vain, nor will you be left to yourselves [See 75:36]. Rather, you will return to a place in which Allāh will descend in…

Jun 16, 2007

Taming Wild and Haughty Claims against Imām Aḥmad ibn Hanbal: Afraz Baksh

“Let’s look at Shaykh Aḥmad Ibn Ḥanbal…We revere him and we defend him; he is the Imām of Ahl al-Sunnah but how many times you can prove him, I am not to prove him, the ʿUlamāʾ can prove him that he (Imām Aḥmad) has went away from Ahl al-Sunnah in aspects of ʿAqīdah.” The TROID Editorial StaffSaid Afraz Baksh, “…and let’s not feel that now we have come to terms and now we can say, “Probably Afrāz is against Shaykh Rabīʿ.” Probably such and such, for wAllāhi I said to Shaykh Bashīr in front of the brothers, I’m scared to make statements in Toronto, I’m scared to make state…

Jun 16, 2007

Statements of the Scholars Concerning the Shiʿah

The position of jurists concerning one who curses the Ṣaḥābah, believing that such an act is permissible, is that he has committed an act of disbelief. If he curses them but does not believe that cursing them is permissible, then he is guilty of immorality, and not disbelief. Aḥmad al-Afghānī [1] Imām ash-Shāfiʿī On one occasion, ash-Shāfiʿī said concerning the Shiʿah, “I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rāfiḍī Shiʿah.” [1] On another occasion he said, “Narrate knowledge from everyone you meet except the Rāfiḍī Shiʿah, because they invent Ḥadīths…

Jun 16, 2007

Dhikr of Allāh

There is no doubt that the adhkār and supplications are from the best forms of worship. Worship is built upon tawqīf [sticking to what the texts state] and ittibāʾ [following]… Alhamdulillāh was ṣalātu was salāmu ʿalá nabiyyinaa wa habeeibnaa muhammad as salāmu ʿalayhikum 1. Performing dhikr is an action of worship, as such it is to be done in the manner enjoined by the Sharee`ah and it is not allowed to invent new methods of performing it. Shaykh al-Islām ibn Taymīyyah said, “there is no doubt that the adhkaar and supplications are from the best forms of worship. Worship is built upon…

Jun 16, 2007

The Jewel of Creation

Kabbāni goes to added lengths and extremes in trying to declare this ḥadīth authentic, using some of the same deceptive methods we have seen above – and of course this is not surprising since the innovators of old and new use these sort of methods to spread their deceptions. [TROID :The following article is a decisive refutation of Sayyid Muḥammad Alawi Al Maliki Al Makki] alhamdulillāh was ṣalātu was salāmu ʿalá nabiyyinaa wa habeeibnaa muhammad The Prophet ﷺ is reported to have said on the authority of ʿUmar (radī Allāhu ʿanhu) that “when Ādam committed his mistake he said: O Lord, I a…