Mar 19, 2018

“An Attribute I Have Known From Akhzam” The Inheritance of the Hizbis

The phrase “An attribute I have known from Akhzam” is an old Arab proverb that is based on a true story of a man named Akhzam who was disobedient and rebellious to his father. Later when Akhzam passed away, his children increased in harshness and disobedience to their grandfather, surpassing Akhzam himself. Until one day they beat their own grandfather, the grandfather then replied by saying: Indeed my children have imbrued me (with my own) nlood. An attribute I have known from Akhzam. ʿAqīdah al-Salaf wa Asḥāb al-Ḥadīth, pg.304Meaning, that what they were doing was not something new for …

Mar 15, 2018

Explanation of “Muḥammad is the Messenger of Allāh” and Examples of Conforming to His Sunnah

Shaykh ʿUbayd al-Jābirī mentions:1 What is the concise meaning of the statement, “Muḥammad is the messenger of Allāh”? It means that a legitimately responsible individual acknowledges and attests to the final universal message of Muḥammad (ﷺ). As for its detailed meaning, it is as the shaykh [Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhāb] mentioned, that it consists of four aspects: Obeying the Messenger of Allāh (ﷺ) in all that which he commands. Believing and testifying to the truth of everything which he informs us of. This is because it may be the case that the legitimately responsible person may o…

© TROID. All rights reserved.