Skip to main content
Mar 22, 2011
If you see a man who strives hard and long in worship, is abstemious, being continual in worship, except that he is a person of innovation, do not sit with him, do not listen to his words and do not walk along with him, since I do not feel safe that you will not eventually come to be pleased with his way and go to destruction along with him. Al-ʿAllāmah Ṣāliḥ ibn Fawzān al-FawzānAl-Imām Al-Barbahārī said: “If you see a man who strives hard and long in worship, is abstemious, being continual in worship, except that he is a person of innovation, do not sit with him, do not listen to his wor…

Mar 20, 2011
What to do when encountering narrations that mention the messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) without the statement “صلى الله عليه وسلم” after reference to him (صلى الله عليه وسلم)? [Q]: We were hoping that we could perhaps be given a little direction in this query, Allāhu yubārik fīk. Recently in our hifdh circle, we came across a Ḥadīth where the narrator mentions the messenger of Allāh, (صلى الله عليه وسلم); however, the salutations on the Messenger are not mentioned within the Ḥadīth by the narrator. The Ḥadīth is below: Ḥadīth 21, Imām Al-Nawawī’s 40 Aḥādīth. On the authority of Abū ‘Amr- a…

Mar 20, 2011
Just as the harm and confusion spread can be of various levels, the people who err themselves are of different backgrounds and levels. Let us understand something that may help us appreciate how the scholars and students deal with these kinds of issues… Scenario A student of knowledge graduates and moves into a position to give daʿwah. He speaks with errors and blunders commonly, behaves poorly with the people, and proves to be a poor role model. He draws the spotlight to himself and demonizes those who correct his errors, claiming oppression and holding to his right to defend his honor….

Mar 13, 2011
Shaykh Ibn Bāz brings a number of well described points of clarity concerning various elements of ad-Dawatus Salafīyyah, from amongst them: The call of the Salaf in relation to implementing the commands of Allāh found in the magnificent Qurʾān and traversing upon the purified methodology of the Prophet (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) The path of the Companions of Allāh’s Messenger (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) in their implementation of al-Tawḥīd and Sunnah The call of the Salaf regarding the importance of placing the highest priority upon tawḥīd and the obligation t…

Mar 9, 2011
My friend (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) forbade me that I should peck in my prayer like the pecking of a rooster, that I should look about like the looking about of a fox, and that I should squat like the squatting of the monkey. Shaykh Muḥammad ibn ʿUmar BazmūlThe following excerpt is taken from the book: Sharḥ Sifah Salatin-Nabī (Pg: 263) – The Explanation of the Prophet’s Prayer Described (of Imām Muḥammad Nāṣir al-Dīn al-Albānī) by Dr. Muḥammad Ibn ʿUmar Bazmūl. As for the ḥadīth of Abū Hurayrah, may Allāh be pleased with him: “My friend (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) …

Mar 8, 2011
Only the people of knowledge and understanding must speak during fitan. When the ignorant person speaks during fitan it only increases the trials, strife and discord. Al-ʿAllāmah Ṣāliḥ ibn Fawzān al-Fawzān أحسن الله إليكم May Allāh give you good. كيف نفرق بين السكوت عن الفتن المذموم وبين عدم الخوض فيها المحمود ‏[Q]: How do we distinguish between remaining silent during fitnah which can be considered blameworthy and not getting involved which could be considered praiseworthy? الفتن لا يتكلم فيها الا أهل العلم 

والبصيرة ما الكل يتكلم فيها

إذا تكلم الجهال في الفتن زادت

الفتن…

Mar 8, 2011
  As for the greatest pillar of īmān according to the Rāfiḍah? It is īmān in the Imamate, i.e., the Imamate of ʿAlī, then the Imāms after him. Al-Kulaynī narrated in ‘al-Kāfī, the Book of al-Īmān and al-Kufr’, Chapter: The Pillars of al-Islām, on the Authority of Jaʿfar (upon him be peace) That He Said: “Al-Islām Was Built upon Five: the Prayer, the Zakāh, the Fast, the Ḥajj and the Wilāyah (the leadership of ʿAlī and his decendants). We were not commanded with anything the way we are commanded with the wilāyah; for the people have taken four and have left the wilāyah.” Shaykh ʿA…

Mar 5, 2011
Our beloved brother Ḥasan al-Ṣumālī (hafiz̩ahullāh) brings a number of indispensable insights, reminders and benefits concerning the events that take place when one dies. From amongst some of those mentioned: The importance of preparing for death The actions of the Angels in their dealing with the soul of the dying person The commentary of the Angels concerning the scent of the souls The journey of the soul into the heavens and its return to the grave The questioning in the grave The rewards and glad tidings that await the Believers The humiliating torment that awaits the d…

Mar 4, 2011
​ Take note of his statement in the narration: “Stand by the permission of Allāh and the permission of Jaʿfar ibn Muḥammad.” So they make Jaʿfar to be a rival with Allāh, the Exalted, that he brings the dead to life by his own permission just as Allāh brings the dead to life by His Permission. They have other narrations concerning their Imāms bringing the dead to life wherein there is no mention of Allāh at all! I have declined to mention them so as to keep the discussion short. Shaykh ʿAli al-ḤaddādīThe Rāfidah deviated far astray in the sphere of Tawḥīd al-Rubūbiyyah (Oneness of Allāh’s L…